Piperonyl Butoxide (pbo) Testing

• Thread starter Hemicuda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hemicuda

Hemicuda

Hello, I am curious to see if any of you have experienced and problems during testing with Piperonyl butoxide (PBO) showing up. I've taken the last 3 harvests of 3 rooms in for testing in Oregon and It all has passed everything except PBO. I am having several things that I use tested/ Organic Pesticides: Green Cleaner and Trifecta. But even waiting for the half life of the compound and retesting, the same numbers come back. Pass everything except the same amount of PBO. Just wondering if any one is experiencing the same or has info.
Thank you.

Hemicuda

Hemicuda

I was having an issue with Piperonyl butoxide (PBO) causing me to fail pesticide tests. Have been trying to figure it out. The issue was that Piperonyl butoxide (PBO) is a waxy substance that sticks to everything, this being why it is found in pesticides. I had a build up from a mite foggers I used earlier this year. The build up was in my HVAC system. So the air was blowing it all over my flower rooms.

Hemicuda

Hemicuda

Hi there,
I am very curious how you came to the conclusion of your HVAC system being the culprit. Did you swab for residue inside the air handlers?

Sorry for the late reply. Yes I opened vents and swapped the inside of the HVAC ducts in a couple areas and sent the swaps for testing and they came back with a ridiculous amount of PBO concentration. Ozone generator broke it down over time. 2 months maybe. That whole thing was ridiculous.

Hemicuda

Hemicuda

Dude-in all sincerity-you work for Trifecta-this product sucks-you should be more genuine and stop trying to sell your product through what are perceived to be authentic channels...at least list your company name since you are selling for Trifecta.

I don't even use Trifecta any more, let alone work for them. You clearly work for Atomic Green, or are trolling me, because you have commented on about all of my posts talking about this Atomic green and will not give me any resources to study when I ask you. I get it Trifecta = bad guys Atomic green = Best thing in the world. So go drink a tall glass of your Atomic Green and leave me alone if you won't actually discuss a thing.

Hemicuda

Hemicuda

I see you must have just stopped using Trifecta this month....what for?

you said to not write you back then ask me more questions... I stopped using it 10 months ago. Then tried it again not too long ago, and thought it worked, but it did not. So no longer use it.

Hemicuda

Hemicuda

LOL at anyone using pesticides indoors in the first place. you got walls and DE to keep the bugs out.
I agree, Ive actually stepped away from growing to better my practices, and knowledge of growing. Hoping to start growing out door, this next year with much more sustainable and practical methods. Thank you for keeping it real!

scubascrog

scubascrog

sorry, looking back on that it was kind of a dick comment, I understand shit happens.
a removal of substrate and simple wipe down of the grow room would have taken out any issue just the same if you run into it in the future

Hemicuda

Hemicuda

I agree, the partner refused to allow extra time between cut downs to allow for a proper sanitation, one reason I left. But regardless, I am looking forward to the freedom of being on my own! and Once again thank you for keeping it real. Looking forward to starting clean and staying clean, clean in many aspects.

Glad to have this thread back to normal.

B

Buckeyenoob

Just curious, but were you able to clear up the harvest that tested positive for PBO, or was it lost?

Latest posts

Top Bottom