Pistil Production?

• Thread starter dj.scotfree
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dj.scotfree

dj.scotfree

I guess I never paid close enough attention to pre-flowers...once I noticed them... I am wondering if pistils should pop out at the same time on the same internode...I'm not flowering yet but... on the one node it has one pistil on each side at opposite corners...does this mean hermie...or is there really no rhyme or reason to pistil production?

P

ProGroWannabe

It's pretty-much all genetic dj. A hermie will show both balls and pistils. Are there any pollen sacs on the plant? Got a pic?

dj.scotfree

dj.scotfree

No..sorry..no pictures... I know this is a lil hard to explain without a picture but......

Ok, so you know how early on...in pre-flowering... at each internode there is 4 areas for pistils... kinda like...if where the main fan leaves come out was North, South, East, West....
where the pistils pop out would be...NE,SE, NW, SW....if that makes any sense...LMAO

The pistils that are showing on the one internode are at NE & SW... ha ha still funny

No pollen clusters (balls) just pistils... The only reason I'm a little worried is that the plant came from fem seeds. From my experience with males showing themselves first in plants (true males) I would think I am O.K....But in the past...when I came across a hermie it grew pistils @ NE & SW and pollen clusters @ NW & SE....opposite of each other.

I know pistils grow everywhere but... Once I noticed that they where females...and tossed the males..I guess I never really paid much attention to the pre-flowers in my grows. :surprised

Thanks for the reply PG!!!

Blazed_Out

Blazed_Out

How long in veg have you had them?
It's quite normal for plants to show sex when vegged for some time. But some genetics don't really do this.
You are quite right that males show themselves first.
You won't find out if it's a hermi until you flower it out though or if both pistils and sacs show during pre-flower.

M

Maltyy

Blazed Out's post sums it up. I have had random pistils come to the light on plants many times, usually once plants have vegged a while. I have definitely had plants that show only like 1 or 2 pistils......which has gotten me in the habit of constantly checking my plants from top to bottom around week four and on. Since you are dealing with fem seeds, I would say this is a good sign of things to come!

dj.scotfree

dj.scotfree

Thanks for the replies guys!!! I went and checked this morning a little more thoroughly... I found some internodes that had 3 pistil sites and then a couple with the normal 4 pistil sites...so I think you guys are right..all is well.... I will pay closer attention from here on out.

Top Bottom