Pistils on GG #4 turning orange at week 2

• Thread starter lylejoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lylejoe

lylejoe

I have four gorilla glue #4 plants outdoors, they have been flowering for at least 2 weeks and the pistils on 2 of my plants have already turned orange. Is this something I should worry about? Growing in southern california.

Pistils on gg 4 turning orange at week 2
Pistils on gg 4 turning orange at week 2 2
Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Got the clones as teens, they’ve been outside for only a month. Was under the assumption that they were not autos, but I could be wrong!
If they were clones then no not autos.
Okay so the reason I was asking is that if you are in cali and had them outdoors for a month or more that is why thrh are flowering. It was too soon and there was not enough light outdoors yet for clones or mature plants.
So they are flowering now but as the days get longer they will reveg and finish this fall.

Dr.B

Dr.B

I've grown this strain 3 times indoor, once from seed, twice from clone. That is not normal in my experiences with GG4. It doesn't look like the normal browning as the plant matures either. More shrivelled and dry looking than brown...

lylejoe

lylejoe

I've grown this strain 3 times indoor, once from seed, twice from clone. That is not normal in my experiences with GG4. It doesn't look like the normal browning as the plant matures either. More shrivelled and dry looking than brown...
Yeah i’m thinking it might be from the heat here in southern california. It was over 90 a couple times last week.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Like I said tho it doesnt matter that they are turning brown ...they wont finish outdoors right now. They will reveg and then start flowerinf again this fall.

lylejoe

lylejoe

It's awfully early to flower. Don't be surprised if it reveges.
For sure... The plants probably get 10 hours of direct sunlight, shade for the rest of the day. All four plants started flowering at the same time. Was thinking that is why they started flowering so early

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

For sure... The plants probably get 10 hours of direct sunlight, shade for the rest of the day. All four plants started flowering at the same time. Was thinking that is why they started flowering so early
It has nothing to do with shade or direct sunlight. They read the hours of darkness. Anytime a plant is put outdoors full time when daylight hours are lower then 14.5 they will start flowering. That is why many dont plant til late may or early june.
The only way to avoid this is you can have a plant that is not a clone that is not sexually mature yet. (Under 4-6 weeks of age) outside and it will not flower or to place supplemental lighting on then for a couple of hours at night.

Latest posts

Top Bottom