Pistils Turning Brown And Crusty

• Thread starter 303 DUB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
303 DUB

303 DUB

I'm in week four of flower and started noticing on a few of my plants there some pistols Turning brown, almost look fried. Ppm is at 1330 pH is at 5.7 temp is steady at 75. the humidity is under control during the light schedule never going over 55% but at night will often times sky rocket to 80 or 90 %. Could the humidity during the night schedule be the reason for my pistis looking like this? I did a few checks for mites with a scope and saw nothing. I've had russet mites long ago in previous grows and this is how it started but I don't think that's what's going on here. Any input would be so greatly appreciated
Pistils turning brown and crusty
Pistils turning brown and crusty 2
Pistils turning brown and crusty 3

303 DUB

303 DUB

Also forgot to mention I'm running co2 as well and that could possibly be turned up too high
, maybe that could be causing this?

puprilla

puprilla

I
Also forgot to mention I'm running co2 as well and that could possibly be turned up too high
, maybe that could be causing this?
Thats just natures course man, means ur about half way done.

303 DUB

303 DUB

I hope your right my friend. Eeeeeek! Isn't it a bit early for that to be happening?

puprilla

puprilla

I hope your right my friend. Eeeeeek! Isn't it a bit early for that to be happening?
Not at all man ive had alot of strains that mature early, if anything just make sure ur temps are around or under 80f and ur lights not to close

303 DUB

303 DUB

I'm running two different strains and it's happening to a couple of each strain.. I know the temp is definetly in check so that's not it. Maybe too close to lights or hot spots possibly?

puprilla

puprilla

I'm running two different strains and it's happening to a couple of each strain.. I know the temp is definetly in check so that's not it. Maybe too close to lights or hot spots possibly?
Could be what type of light and how close? I see ur reppin the mile high thats whats up man another fellow co grower

303 DUB

303 DUB

Yeah denver baby! I love my colorado! But yeah I'm running 8x1000w hps, got a 4 Ton unit dedicated to my flower room a bit over kill but it slays the tempeture game in my flower room. Steady 75 all the time. I'm just paranoid as hell about mites. Last time I had them it was miserable. Had to throw away both rooms and start from scratch. It was at least a year ago I had mites.. yuucckkkkk. I hope your right buddy. gonna keep checking for pests and hope that's not what it is. All the leaves look great. No curling or wierd growth so that's promising for now

303 DUB

303 DUB

@Seamaiden I would really appreciate and value your input on this pretty please?

puprilla

puprilla

Yeah denver baby! I love my colorado! But yeah I'm running 8x1000w hps, got a 4 Ton unit dedicated to my flower room a bit over kill but it slays the tempeture game in my flower room. Steady 75 all the time. I'm just paranoid as hell about mites. Last time I had them it was miserable. Had to throw away both rooms and start from scratch. It was at least a year ago I had mites.. yuucckkkkk. I hope your right buddy. gonna keep checking for pests and hope that's not what it is. All the leaves look great. No curling or wierd growth so that's promising for now
Forsure dude, and if ur worrying about pest just get some neem oil and use that. 8X1000!!!!?? Dude u better be pullin atleast 5lbs a harvest shit!

303 DUB

303 DUB

Forsure dude, and if ur worrying about pest just get some neem oil and use that. 8X1000!!!!?? Dude u better be pullin atleast 5lbs a harvest shit!

Usually pull close to 8! Last round hemaphrodited on my and I still pulled 5lbs and had to chop a week early

303 DUB

303 DUB

Looks like they've been pollinated to me, I suggest looking around for stamen

Ahh Man I hope that's not it. Last round I dealt with hemaphrodization. When you say look for stamen, do you mean nanners or actual male sex organs? I've looked really close at the sex organs on all these plants and there are some fat bases where the pistils come out from but no ball sacks or any sign of any male flowers or sex organs

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
@Seamaiden I would really appreciate and value your input on this pretty please?
My first thought is wondering about whether or not anyone hermied in that room.

Wait.. Oh! I see that I'm not the first one to consider this as an option. But, if not that, then I'd be wondering about some other substance because they're all turning at the same point and it appears at the same rate. Any spray or anything like that? OxiDate and Green Cure have both done this when I've used them.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ahh Man I hope that's not it. Last round I dealt with hemaphrodization. When you say look for stamen, do you mean nanners or actual male sex organs? I've looked really close at the sex organs on all these plants and there are some fat bases where the pistils come out from but no ball sacks or any sign of any male flowers or sex organs
Is there a chance you or someone/anything (else) may have brought pollen in from the outside?

303 DUB

303 DUB

Is there a chance you or someone/anything (else) may have brought pollen in from the outside?

Well last round I dealt with hemaphrodites in the same room but after that round was done I sprayed (drenched) the entire room with water and let it air dry for a week before putting anything else in that room. I've been looking for male sex organs everyday and havent seen anything that suggests male sex organs. Lime I said above there are some fat bases were the pistils come out from but no ball sacks any where. It just started happeneing a few days ago and only to a few plants. What should I be looking for @Seamaiden and is that normal having real fat bases where the pistils shoot out from because some are fat bases and a lot arent?

303 DUB

303 DUB

I had a light leak that I wasn't aware of but that's been fixed for about three weeks. That was probably what did it. Now that the light leak is fixed. Will they continue to hemaphrodite amd effect other plants around them?

Myco

Myco

Do all of your tops look like that? Or just several?

Looks like how pistils get when they are physically disturbed; for example I'll see that on preflowers where fan leafs are repeatedly tapping/bumping against the flowers due to airflow moving things around. Or preflowers that are repeatedly touched for whatever reason... or far too close to the light with not enough airflow.

Doesn't look like pollinated pistils/calyces to me, which has a pretty distinct look IMO. But the pic quality is kind of hard to tell.

Top Bottom