Pistils Turning Brown And Crusty

• Thread starter 303 DUB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
303 DUB

303 DUB

@Myco @Seamaiden I posted some new better pics. I don't know if yous are watching this thread but maybe check out the new photos and see if that changes you opinions at all? Thanks again!

Myco

Myco

@jimmythehat this has been happening for you for 8 months? That's pretty weird... if it were broad mites, they should've completely taken you over by now without using specific measures of control; such as Kontos, Forbid, etc. Especially weird how you say it started in one room and spread to another. I'd take a real good look with a scope to be 100% certain you're pest-free and go from there. Kinda strange though. Are you dealing with any other issues of any kind? In veg, etc etc?

@303 DUB Still doesn't necessarily look like pollination to me... but really, with no physical disturbance as you say, haven't located any pests, haven't done any foliars during flower... I'm kinda stumped on where else to look. If it were me I would of course pay attention to all factors that you normally would, keep a close eye on things, and see how it plays out.

Maybe someone else will have more to add. I find jimmythehat's situation to be a bit more odd as he says it's been ongoing for 8 months with no explanation. For you, this is just on this cycle correct? You may never know exactly.. So.. Finish the grow, harvest, brush it off and go onto the next one. As long as you're certain no pests are present - even if it was pollination there's nothing you can do aside from keep your eye out for ballsacks.

303 DUB

303 DUB

Right on @Myco. I'm gonna take another really REALY GOOD long look with my scope and if I don't see any russet mites then I'm gonna go ahead.and lay this one to rest as well. My two major concerns were either pollination or mites. This has happened to me before but it ended up being russet mites. That was quite a while ago and I don't think that what's happening here. Thanks a bunch! You da man @Myco. Thank you for your input as well everyone else. I love the helpful cannabis community that I'm so proud to a part of. Happy growing to you all!

303 DUB

303 DUB

Will come woth an update in a few weeks and let everyone know how it went up through these last few weeks!

jimmy the hat

jimmy the hat

@jimmythehat this has been happening for you for 8 months? That's pretty weird... if it were broad mites, they should've completely taken you over by now without using specific measures of control; such as Kontos, Forbid, etc. Especially weird how you say it started in one room and spread to another. I'd take a real good look with a scope to be 100% certain you're pest-free and go from there. Kinda strange though. Are you dealing with any other issues of any kind? In veg, etc etc?

@303 DUB Still doesn't necessarily look like pollination to me... but really, with no physical disturbance as you say, haven't located any pests, haven't done any foliars during flower... I'm kinda stumped on where else to look. If it were me I would of course pay attention to all factors that you normally would, keep a close eye on things, and see how it plays out.

Maybe someone else will have more to add. I find jimmythehat's situation to be a bit more odd as he says it's been ongoing for 8 months with no explanation. For you, this is just on this cycle correct? You may never know exactly.. So.. Finish the grow, harvest, brush it off and go onto the next one. As long as you're certain no pests are present - even if it was pollination there's nothing you can do aside from keep your eye out for ballsacks.
No issues. Its also rather sporadic so i haven't been diligent to correct/identify either, as I share my cuts with 3 production farmers who have no problems, but also go nuclear w/ IPM,.... and because overall plant health and yield aren't suffering... I was writing it off to physical damage until on one run it started getting everywhere, I sprayed, and things got better...now veg gets a one time forbid treatment, then I follow up with conserve sc..I reuse my beds. I spray the surfaces of the whole room between runs and fog with pyrethrin......the second room was built after this happened... a small 3k attached to the other room(they night exhaust into one another).... I agree, its strange, I am working my way through the dud thread now(stem nematode?)....I just need to send a sample to a lab

Myco

Myco

I wouldn't worry about dudding, the problems are far more acute than a couple dying pistils. Especially if you're reusing beds, you'd be noticing the horrible veg issues - altered structure, almost as if the genetics are destroyed, stunted growth, weak/brittle stems... usually ultimately leading to hemp-like ditchweed.

8 months - it progresses rather quickly, or you would've had at least several "dud" branches or a full-on "dud" plants. The IPM measures you take aren't enough to curb stem nematodes aka "dudding"...

Believe me - the people that have dealt with duds would love to only worry about some dying pistils ;)

Broad mites on the other hand, it could be possible that you're curbing BM's with your IPM and they start to take hold in flower - but just don't have enough time to cause serious issues in flower? I'm not sure, as thankfully I've never dealt with BM through a flower cycle.

Hope it's nothing major for you; but like you said if you're harvesting solid plants... I'm not sure I would stress too much aside from religiously checking for broads/cyclamen/russets just to be sure - and continue your IPM.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

@303 DUB what happened in the end. Iv found this thread as I have the same issue at the moment. I'm 4th week in to flower too.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
@303 DUB what happened in the end. Iv found this thread as I have the same issue at the moment. I'm 4th week in to flower too.
What have your temps been like? Water temp when you feed? Pythium will cause your pistols to brown and bud to cease in growth.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Temp is a steady 80 I don't measure my water temp I just make it lukewarm by hand. My RH has been up a bit at the minute as iv had to flush my plants but it's dropping back down now. I try to keep RH about 40. It's only on 3 individual flowers at the minute.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Temp is a steady 80 I don't measure my water temp I just make it lukewarm by hand. My RH has been up a bit at the minute as iv had to flush my plants but it's dropping back down now. I try to keep RH about 40. It's only on 3 individual flowers at the minute.
Well there's your problem, water should be 68 max. Only time it should be higher is if your using beneficial bacteria. Your breeding bad bacteria in your resivor and is now through your whole system.
Go get a bottle of dutchmaster zone and water for a week at 2 ml per gallon, after that tapper down to 1 ml every water till flush.
To fix the problem you need to scrub resivours with strong bleach and replace hosing pumps etc. everything will harbor bad bacteria if you let it.

lino

lino

I'm having this issue on one branch also. It has progressed to the whole branch. I sprayed rosemary yesterday. Going to treat mine for insects cause I do have some spider mites so my calyx color on this plant and another will be off . These plants are outdoor/patio plants. I dont have a clue so I hope its not russets.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I'm having this issue on one branch also. It has progressed to the whole branch. I sprayed rosemary yesterday. Going to treat mine for insects cause I do have some spider mites so my calyx color on this plant and another will be off . These plants are outdoor/patio plants. I dont have a clue so I hope its not russets.
100xscope to identify about 10 bucks

lino

lino

100xscope to identify about 10 bucks
I determined a 4 cycle to the life of a Russet and made a Video, one Problem, I Think the 1st stage of Russet is even to small for 100x. I think 2 part of the breeding cycle and has very small eggs but I think smaller sibling are very small and reside Under the cuticle so they are very hard to detect (100x) without slicing the leaves, My scope for my video did not do any justice to make my point. theory so far..

Latest posts

Top Bottom