Pistils turning brown/dark, nugs look like their "finishing" too soon

• Thread starter rumblen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rumblen

rumblen

This is out of a friends room, plants look great other than this issue. Temps and humidity are good, I see no other signs of stress. Ive had this happen to me once before a long time ago but I don't remember the cause. A good portion, say 40% of the plants are doing this, and most of them are doing it on all nugs. This is early week 5. The only thing I can think of is theyre using filtered (NOT RO) tap water. Maybe this is a chlorine issue?? As far as I know ph. ppm. etc are all good but not being my room im not sure. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks,

Photo 4jpg

B

ballplayer 2

Either herm/pollination or broad/cyclamen mites. Most likely one of the two.

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

If your getting any twisted leaves or curling up on the edges you might have an early stage of broad mite infection.. Please take more pics with light out so we can see whats going on.. Did you spray the plant with any pesticides or with anything at all while they were in flower? What the humidity in the room? What week did the problem start? To me it doesn't not look like pollination....

rumblen

rumblen

Nothing has been sprayed in flower. Hum jumps between 50-60%. This began at mid week 3. Theres no sign of bugs, and I know what to look for. Ive seen 00000 signs of herm and these are no where near any males plants. I will take more pics if I have a chance, like I said, not my room just trying to help someone out.

Thanks for the replys

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The plants don't look to be sick or fighting anything, and so at that point I would lean towards something external. What that might be I have NO idea, I've never seen that, not even with Greencure.

Is the room sealed? If so, is the intake filtered? I can't imagine that even using chlorinated tap water would cause this with no other signs, which leaves me focused on the pistils and again, an outside assault on the plant, a plant that otherwise does not look sick.

I wish I could help you out more on this, but frankly I'm scratchin' my head, too.

rumblen

rumblen

I even went as far as to pull apart some of the root mass on a few plants to check for root aphids or rot.... nothing but white healthy roots...... the room is sealed and theres a propane c02 gen keeping the room at 1250ppm when the lights are on. There also seems to be a lack of resin production and smell on the affected plants.

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

Most likely broad mites... Check the underside of the leaves with a USB scope with 60x + zoom...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh, man... that's bad news, Grooves. What magnification do you need to scope for broad mites, again..? Something like 100x? I've never seen them, so can't do much more than 'my thang' (helping search for information).

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Yes i hate to say broad mites but that looks like them.

Symptoms: In veg the new growth will come out yellow and the older/larger fan leaves twist looking like a defiency of sorts.

In flower the buds will start to appear as if they are finished as the pistlis come out dead

Broad mites are the worst and one does need some super magnification to see them....i needed 100+
If you are in Cali I would say that this is guaranteed to be broads, but scope em and if you see bright silver specs those are eggs.

Treatment:

you can go the chemmy way of a mixture of avid and forfbid.....or!!!!!!
Thank to another forum I found a wonderful method.....a heat treatment. If you can get your room up to 115+ for over 2 hours you will kill all the broads and their eggs. This is the best treatment as most likely those broads are everywhere and they are next to impossible to get rid of. The heat treatment does work!

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

think that would work for any mites? how do the plants react to high heat?

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

WOWZERS!
man the more i learn about those broad mites the more f*cked up they seem. Uber hard to detect less you have somme knowledge and a 100x scope.. GL on recovery bro hope u get it sorted.

PnL

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

think that would work for any mites? how do the plants react to high heat?

I don't think so. I am sure it does at a certain temp, but I think that it would have to be a lot hotter than 120. Just a possibility though, I cannot guarantee either way.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Hmm.. So you raised the temps in your room and can say, for sure, you whipped them out? Heat have any noticeable effect on plants?

alpinehi

alpinehi

I would call it mites as well bro. Based on the info I have gathered on here. It may be my monitor and it's a photo so it's hard to tell, but when I look closely at the leaves in your photo they look like they have some bug on them... that sandy spotty look. But again it's extremely hard to tell from one photo. Simply my first thought upon investigating the thread.

O

OG4UanME

Rumblen, any luck on ur situation? im dealing with broadmites right now. last run i was able to flower my girls out, 40% of mostly shorter more indica plants buds looked very simialer aborted growtth buds and all. gave them about 3-4 weeks to try and come out of it no luck were tossed away very sad. the taller remaining plants finished (barely)and early with many issues. anyway ive been looking through a scope 60-100x constantly for 2months now still not knowing what was going on. seen what looked like microscopic eggs but never seen anything move! still dont. been at this for 10 years no idiot here lol.
still fighting these bastards. anyways what im getting at here is even knowing what tolook for it still took a long time for me to be confident what these were. mostly bec needed a better scope, azamax wore off higher #s of mites.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Hmm.. So you raised the temps in your room and can say, for sure, you whipped them out? Heat have any noticeable effect on plants?

Yes they were wiped out! It worked, I lost 2 out of 48 plants the first time and nothing thereafter because I was good about watering a lot before i hit them with heat. The broads were so bad that a new clone from another source would show damage within 7 days of being in my spot, not anymore thank god. I have used avid on all new ones since because I will not fight this outside this summer, you feel me?

Top Bottom