Pk 13/14?

• Thread starter chaosinc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chaosinc

chaosinc

What's up everybody! Quick question. I am doing Sour D and on my reg it calls for PK 13/14 week 6 only which I have done for over a year now with good results but, in doing some reading I've noticed some say they are using it more than one week so are there any benefits to this?

Thank you,
Mr. Chaos.

half baked

half baked

ive heard of people using for week 3and4, its suppose to build them up quite quick then use something like overdrive week 7or8 to fatten them right up, lots of uk growers do it with great success

hb

sycboy

sycboy

ive heard of people using for week 3and4, its suppose to build them up quite quick then use something like overdrive week 7or8 to fatten them right up, lots of uk growers do it with great success

hb

I heard something like this too... The plants love P and K pretty much all the time they are in flower, it doesn't hurt to give them a bit more than is advised within reason.

Z

Z-ro

I don't always use it but when i did, i used it at half strength, every other day for two weeks(4&5) with great results, hand watered to waste daily with wand and pump.

S

smirkis

i say be a bit careful. i notice while using pk, it plumps the buds but the plant seems to take it as a strong nute. i use it for one week when after i see the flowers forming, usually week 3

chaosinc

chaosinc

Thanks for the info. I am gonna try 5 & 6 this time around.

I

Inhale

There is a peak point where the plant starts to use the majority of it's conserved P&K (N as well, however we are fine with depletion of Nitrogen at this point). We want to focus on overall health and flowering production with the P&K.

About mid-way through the plants flowering cycle it will hit a spike, where you can add 50% more to your original ratios of P&K.

Quick Edit - I am not sure if week 4-5 for a PK spike on a 12 week strain would be as beneficial as a spike around week 5-7.... has anyone tested PK spikes at early weeks with 10-12 week strains, or is it always mid-point?

It has worked well for me. I have tried with a straight regimen as well as a staggered regimen and found PK spiking does show significant results IMO. (8-9 gram tops compared to 4-5 gram)

D

dgaf757

im not so well versed on this site as i am with RIU.org, but i will go as far as to say that with all the grows ive done and seen... its quite strong to use a 13/14 throughout a plants life, but if you slowly build it up in the plants system .25-.75dosing starting not before week 3-4 you should be ok...depending on your base nute levels.

the offside is that AN overdrive is a waste of money, plain and simple. in flowering a plant needs the 6 essential macronutrients and 10-11 essential micronutrients(only 10 if using a mycos or beneficial microbe;no Cl) with an N-P-K ratio of 1:3:2. but if you insist on using an overdrive product Botanicare CNS17 ripe is the same N-P-K with a whole lot more micros than overdrive and about 1/3 the price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom