PK Boosters. How and when to use?

• Thread starter Keesee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Keesee

Id like to integrate a pk booster into my grow. i recently flushed my coco/perlite in 5gal fabrics and they’re about on week 3 ish. i was wondering if i wanted to use a pk booster in the following time should i watch my use of certain nutrients leading up to it? for example be light on pk itself? i just want to avoid the risks as much as i can. any advice would be appreciated!

T

TheRootedLeaf

It's easy to overdo it with PK boosters, they contribute to salt buildup in the soils because the rates they're typically applied at exceed the ability of plants to take it up and make use of. Most of the P is going to get tied up in the soil, so be careful of using high doses if you're trying to push more calcium into your plants (which is a good idea in the first couple weeks of bloom).

Foliar spraying would be a good option if you can find a good, clean PK booster. This will let you feed higher amounts of calcium into the soil while delivering the PK booster through the leaf surfaces, and you won't have to worry about adverse chemical reactions.

K

Keesee

It's easy to overdo it with PK boosters, they contribute to salt buildup in the soils because the rates they're typically applied at exceed the ability of plants to take it up and make use of. Most of the P is going to get tied up in the soil, so be careful of using high doses if you're trying to push more calcium into your plants (which is a good idea in the first couple weeks of bloom).

Foliar spraying would be a good option if you can find a good, clean PK booster. This will let you feed higher amounts of calcium into the soil while delivering the PK booster through the leaf surfaces, and you won't have to worry about adverse chemical reactions.
very smart thinking! im definitely going to do things this way man. ill run my normal calmag rates through water and use a good pk booster in a foliar. thanks bro

M

monkey47

You should start pk end of week 3 12/12 don't use to much indeed. Most of the time you only need a couple of ml for 10liters of water

Top Bottom