PK needed or should be used during flowering?

• Thread starter B0ssD0ss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I'm in preflower and just wondering what everyone uses during the flowering for the best buds and flavors.

BigCube

BigCube

I'm in preflower and just wondering what everyone uses during the flowering for the best buds and flavors.

Lots of light, a pk booster. Extra 660nm red for hard dense buds, uvb in the last 2 weeks for potency.
Flavor is mostly in the genetics and drying.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I wouldn’t use UVB. UVA has the same effect and isn’t harmful to plants or animals. And quite frankly I’ve been just fine without any additional UV supplements.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Just for frame of reference I’ve never used a pk booster in my grows. Not saying it doesn’t work or help but I’ve never needed it. I do use some bone meal as a phosphorus boost from time to time but rarely do I add anything to boost the potassium levels.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Well what I read during flowering they consume extra phosphorus and potassium. This is my first grow and they are eating nutes like its lunch time and starting to flower so wanna give them what they need for good flavor and yield.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
They do to a point but not to which I’ve ever felt the need to supplement with a pk booster. You can certainly give it a try, no harm in that. However if you’ve never tried growing without it how will you know if it works?

Terpz719

Terpz719

FWIW, I don't use them, and keep the same nutes from seedlings through flower. EC does change depending on stage of growth. I'm running coco/perlite DTW, no CO2.

BigCube

BigCube

I suggest doing some research. You're getting conflicting information.

I have both used and not used pk boosters and I can say for a certainty they work and are worth the very few dollars they cost. The research shows they work and the difference is very noticable.

I have used both uva, uvb and no uv.
I definitely notice the difference. The research is conclusive, its UVB not UVA that does it. In appropriate levels they do not harm the plant at all. They are only in use for 2 weeks or 10 days, and only for 2 to 5 hours each day. Set your timers for a time you're not in there. With the levels you need, you would have to be under the uv lights within a foot for 20 or 30 minutes before you would think of getting a sunburn. Think tanning lights. Not lab grade decontamination.

As for animals, well I shouldn't have to bring up that if you're animals are in your growspace, you dont care much about your growspace and you're probably not looking in to UV.

Dont take my word for it though, there are many good research papers, studies and video examples you can find for it.

Stickyicky8

Stickyicky8

I’m currently running two horticulture HLG 650r led’s with the Supplemental UVA light bar made by horticulture and I can def say the UVA is definitely showing good results I run it 12/12 right with the other light it was designed by horticulture to run all 12 hours. It covers a 5x5 area

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I suggest doing some research. You're getting conflicting information.

I have both used and not used pk boosters and I can say for a certainty they work and are worth the very few dollars they cost. The research shows they work and the difference is very noticable.

I have used both uva, uvb and no uv.
I definitely notice the difference. The research is conclusive, its UVB not UVA that does it. In appropriate levels they do not harm the plant at all. They are only in use for 2 weeks or 10 days, and only for 2 to 5 hours each day. Set your timers for a time you're not in there. With the levels you need, you would have to be under the uv lights within a foot for 20 or 30 minutes before you would think of getting a sunburn. Think tanning lights. Not lab grade decontamination.

As for animals, well I shouldn't have to bring up that if you're animals are in your growspace, you dont care much about your growspace and you're probably not looking in to UV.

Dont take my word for it though, there are many good research papers, studies and video examples you can find for it.
I was asking about nutes. You are saying those nutes go hand in hand with UVB? My lights are viparspectra p1500 in a 2x2 tent. I occasionally take my plants outside because you can see them stretch and just soak up natural sunlight. But they are on 18/6 light schedule. Being outside (when I do they are there for 4 or 5 hours), and then I bring them back in to my tent til they go dark for the night. But again this isnt an everyday deal. But I read they need different nutes once they flower and again this rings tru when following my FF nutes feeding schedule. Here is what in looking at for flower

Screenshot 20201029 114723 Chrome
B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

But my question is are those PK booster working hand in hand with lights? I was asking about nutes and you guys are mentioning lights. So a little confused where this is all heading. I mean I'm sure all nutes work hand in hand with lights but my main question is about bloom boosting nutes in general.

Anthem

Anthem

I was asking about nutes. You are saying those nutes go hand in hand with UVB? My lights are viparspectra p1500 in a 2x2 tent. I occasionally take my plants outside because you can see them stretch and just soak up natural sunlight. But they are on 18/6 light schedule. Being outside (when I do they are there for 4 or 5 hours), and then I bring them back in to my tent til they go dark for the night. But again this isnt an everyday deal. But I read they need different nutes once they flower and again this rings tru when following my FF nutes feeding schedule. Here is what in looking at for flower
There are different PK Boosters on the market and both of what are mentioned in this thread. Flower Fuel and Moab are really strong. Flower Fuel being the weaker of the two at 1-34-32 is still really hit in PK. Take a look at some of the other PK boosters that are more like 1-6-7. They come in different levels of strength. Some like Green Sensation work really well in early flower for early bud development. Overdriver works well towards the last 1/3 of flower and something like flower fuel would be OK for like the last week or two of flower. I have not used Flower Fuel but I have used Moab and I do not like the outcome generated by these products. IMO they mess the plant up more than the value they add. I have seen plants just stripe all of the nutrients out of the lower fan leaves too early and while I have Moab, I no longer use the product.

Terpz719

Terpz719

But my question is are those PK booster working hand in hand with lights? I was asking about nutes and you guys are mentioning lights. So a little confused where this is all heading. I mean I'm sure all nutes work hand in hand with lights but my main question is about bloom boosting nutes in general.
You already bought a pk booster, so go ahead and use it. Maybe use it on some of the plants and compare. Some folks like to use it once at the beginning of flower. That's another option. It's just something you don't HAVE to use. The plants accumulate the P they need early on anyway.

Stickyicky8

Stickyicky8

If you are asking if this pk booster works specific to your light? No it works under all lights and spectrums it just added phosphorus and potassium for swelling yes your nutrients change going into flower they will need diff ratios on NPK values plus base nutrientsread instructions closely!!! Some of those you have to cut your base and additives in half

BigCube

BigCube

No. They are independent.

The UVB increases THC by 5 to 10 %, at the expense of CBD.

The PK is only used for a couple weeks in flower. Usually starting week 2 till week 5 or 6. Once your buds start filling in, you can stop adding it.

High PK increases the number of bud sights, so you only need it while the plant starts flower and has that growth spurt, creating all those bud sights.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I appreciate all the info. I have been LST and have several good starting bud sites already. I will add a few pics so you all can see. I just feel like it's a few weeks into flower and from my research (which there's enough good and bad out there) I thought I may have needed this to continue with a healthy grow.

@Anthem were you saying the ratios in the one I got was to high? Should I do like what I did for starting my nutes and maybe half dose and see how they react to it? Honestly they have taken everything I have given them really well and very vigorously. I guess I can ask the same question to @Terpz719 as well. I read several reviews on the stuff I purchased and seemed to have stellar reviews. Guess like you said maybe try it out and see what happens. I'm in about the 2nd week so guess now is the time to try.

20201029 153112
20201029 153052
20201022 165500
20201029 153032
20201022 165455
20201029 153105
20201029 153057
20201022 165450
20201022 165442
Terpz719

Terpz719

I appreciate all the info. I have been LST and have several good starting bud sites already. I will add a few pics so you all can see. I just feel like it's a few weeks into flower and from my research (which there's enough good and bad out there) I thought I may have needed this to continue with a healthy grow.

@Anthem were you saying the ratios in the one I got was to high? Should I do like what I did for starting my nutes and maybe half dose and see how they react to it? Honestly they have taken everything I have given them really well and very vigorously. I guess I can ask the same question to @Terpz719 as well. I read several reviews on the stuff I purchased and seemed to have stellar reviews. Guess like you said maybe try it out and see what happens. I'm in about the 2nd week so guess now is the time to try.
They're looking great! I'd agree with you and not wait any longer. Good luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom