PK13/14 In Co Co Few Ques?

• Thread starter Dobegarden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dobegarden

Hi all,

I am currently on my first Co Co grow, I have previously done a flood and drain grow and NFT but would class myself as an amatuer, just trying to find my way at the mo!!!

I am in my 4th week of flowering in my current grow and thought you added PK13 in the 5th week. I'm a little confused as reading the bottle it advises to add from week 1 to week 4, and not after week 4?!?! I brought this from the Hydro shop for the flood and drain grow?

I'm using Cana A&B and also Canadian Express Headmaster, these were reccommended to me.

Am I too late to add PK13???

As I'm still new to this I do like to keep my nutes fairly simple, any thoughts on Hesi compared to Cana also???

Any info or advice greatly appreciated

U

ukcheesehead

i use coco and canna A/B and headmasta . i add canna pk13/14 for 5 days 3 weeks b4 i chop . but i mix my ec lower then add the pk13/14 as it makes your ec go sky high

D

Dobegarden

What EC do you make it up to with the A&B and do you then add a certain amount of PK13 per litre for example or just raise the EC to a specific amount??

With an 8 week strain would you then start adding at wk4?

D

Dobegarden

Thanks for reply!?

Do you add your A&B to a certain EC and then add an amount of PK13 to a certain EC or add an amount of PK13, for example 1ml per litre??

Gonna try and get some photos up later too, just took some so trying to figure out how to upload!

V

valiant

hello i use to use this pk/13 a few years ago but changed to all of the canadian xpress range except the headmasta.

also add some bud additives for the 1st 4 weeks of flower which is headmasta made by the company with a t-rex on it and another for the last 4 weeks of flower which is ozi tonic

i found better results when i changed also the full range of canadian xpress is awesome with great results it is ph buffered which make ph of my nutes easy

but canna do have a product i wouldnt mind trying if results were amazing for the price of the stuff.its called canna boost accelerator has any one used or heard anything about it

Greyskull

Greyskull

i have been getting good results using pk 13/14 in for wks 3 & 6, but on suggestion I am trying it this next crop wk 3 thru wk 6...

hope this helps you some

good luck

S

SCC

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey dobegarden, on the canna website they got a grow guide and they suggest only using it in week 3, i myself use it in week 3-4 and then cut it out, check out there grow guide it should help.

Ogkkid

Ogkkid

hello i use to use this pk/13 a few years ago but changed to all of the canadian xpress range except the headmasta.

also add some bud additives for the 1st 4 weeks of flower which is headmasta made by the company with a t-rex on it and another for the last 4 weeks of flower which is ozi tonic

i found better results when i changed also the full range of canadian xpress is awesome with great results it is ph buffered which make ph of my nutes easy

but canna do have a product i wouldnt mind trying if results were amazing for the price of the stuff.its called canna boost accelerator has any one used or heard anything about it
I have used the boost, its really makes a HUGE difference in the size of your buds, and how fast they start to blow up.

I would recommend it to anyone, its VERY expensive though, that is the only downfall.

S

SCC

Premium Member
Supporter
I have used the boost, its really makes a HUGE difference in the size of your buds, and how fast they start to blow up.

I would recommend it to anyone, its VERY expensive though, that is the only downfall.

Yes the Boost is great, i'm also trying Atami's Bloombastic, great stuff, loads the trichs on!!!

Devilsharvest

Devilsharvest

I use pk13 14 in week 2.. its all about NPK.. and when to tell the plant what it can use.. pk13 14 is 27.. I use big bud for the rest of flower and to finish off.. I like hammer head 8-19 again 27.. NPK is the key

M

mcpuffin

Canna's pk 13/14 is meant to be used 3 weeks until harvest of 1 week only, I usually only use it for 3 waterings. Don't follow the feed chart from Canna, the American feed chart is meant for roses. If you use pk 13/14 in the 3rd week like the American feed schedule, your nugs will stop growing in size & leaves will start yellowing. I learned the hard way...

M

mellofello

If you use pk 13/14 in the 3rd week like the American feed schedule, your nugs will stop growing in size & leaves will start yellowing. I learned the hard way...

If you use too much pk 13/14 at week 3 rather than slowly building up the dose then yes you will burn your plants and stunt their growth. Hence turning leaves yellow and slowing any growth in the buds.

When using pk 13/14 I stat adding it around the same time pistils start to show but in small doese to start with, about 3ml per 10ltr and then build it up so by week 5 its up to nearly full strength. I use it along side boost which is in the mix throughout flowering till flush

peace

mello

S

~Shhh~

I use it in weeks 4-6 going from 0.5ml/L to 1ml/L to 1.5ml/L reducing my base nutes EC slightly to compensate for the higher PK doses (1ml & 1.5ml)

S

SmokeMan

Canna's pk 13/14 is meant to be used 3 weeks until harvest of 1 week only, I usually only use it for 3 waterings. Don't follow the feed chart from Canna, the American feed chart is meant for roses. If you use pk 13/14 in the 3rd week like the American feed schedule, your nugs will stop growing in size & leaves will start yellowing. I learned the hard way...

This is happening to me now. I was following the chart and now one of my plants is yellowing and the buds look way smaller than usual at this point.

Im wondering how do I fix this while im still in week 5?

Canna is good but they need to give us a reliable chart for MJ not freaking roses. :smoke

J

jamiewan

i use pk 3 weeks b4 harvest lower ec b4 add pk so its not sky high.

K

kingtut

a few here in our coop have used Canna products, we actually live and die by canna. We have found the best use of their PK 13/14 to be as follows:
- once you see more than pistil development (i.e. small fruits appear) start using the PK @ a ratio of 3 mL/gallon
- during the next watering up the PK dosage to 4 mL/gallon, the next watering to 5 mL/gallon, finally you get to their recommended dosage of 6 mL/gallon, where you water once at that dosage level (*at this time you have watered with PK over a 9 day interval*)
- this is the most crucial part of the PK water system, JUST LIKE HUMANS AND DRUGS, THE PLANTS MUST WEAN OFF OF THE PK AS TO NOT STRESS ITS GROWTH PATTERNS. Therefore, after your 6 mL/gallon PK watering session, come down to 5 mL/gallon, then 3 mL/gallon and you should have perfectly PK'd your plants.

I know the bottle and PK reps 'say' "PK for only one week," but we have found in our coop and by 'talking' (wink-wink) directly to reps while off-duty (wink-wink), elongating the PK period will allow your plants to directly utilize the PK throughout its growth up until its second flush watering (at which point almost all gets flushed) where the fruits you are ready to savour have bulged with more growth than the 1 week suggested period.

I hope this helps, just opinions from experimenting and being pleasantly surprised with my results :)

buffbuds

buffbuds

Canna nutrients are meant to build up, and lay dormant in the soil intil processes occur which make them available to the roots. PK 13/14 can be used any time before the end of week 5 IMO. it leaves a nasty taste if not given at least 4 weeks to use all it up. I don't "flush" with canna, just start using pure water more often towards to end, mayeb adding a nutrients dose if the cure looks more like a deficiency. The plant eats what's left when it starts to "flush". If you DO add pk 13/14 later than week 4, I would say start slow, let it build, otherwise you may have a leaf burn on your hands (though never seen lockout with canna). If used earlier, the plant cannot uptake the nutrients, and it does that "ramping up" over time when the plant is ready. Canna has some AWESOME research data. they've inspired me.

buffbuds

buffbuds

But, must say, king tut's advice is sound. I'm going to give that a try and see which method is better for me.

C

CanadianClassic

i use the CannaBoost once every 5 days as a foilar feed recommended by the guy who runs this great grow shop and you can see the difference it makes!

Top Bottom