plagiarism

• Thread starter Classic Remix
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I think we're missing the bigger picture here brotha, most the info in these copied and pasted articles is wrong half ass or incomplete, which i can understand the incomplete cuz half the time i'm too stoned to want to explain something either but alot of it just isn't correct; So I think people are better off not knowing the sources haha......just my 2 cents.....take it easy.........and if people really wanted sources they would just look up the fucking information for themselves instead of placing the burden of clarifying on somone else, only to castize what the person says; quite hypocritical and ignorant..... and to qoute on el cerebro(no hate brotha just saying) The point of forums is that the information is anecdotal; so by nature of the forum people aren't going to list sources, it's opinions, people don't care weather or not you think their worth investing your time in; they simply are posting what they know, it is you that must then invest the time to discover the truth whether it be what they said or the opposite. I don't see how a person posting a source gives any more credence to the info then when they just type it themselves. lol The person who wrote the book(or whatever source you seek) is simply doing the same thing the forum poster is, so it's quite hilarious to ask for Anecdotal evidence and then tell people that they must show you Anecdotal evidence inorder to prove their anecdotal evidence correct? hahahaha, theres some major flaws in thinking here, or rather dead synapsis's........haha take it easy
I always appreciate your .02 and I am that guy that asked and asks for clarification or to elaborate but I dont trip if im told to research it myself and sometimes I do and sometimes I dont goes the same with experimentation peace

souf69

souf69

wait a minute wat were we talkin bout? Let me take this pot off my head...... now a bong hit and im on traqq...o_O

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

noticing a lot of people lately just copying and pasting someone elses works facts and time.... AND NOT EVEN SITE SOURCES OR ANYTHING..... just blatantly come out like "this is what I know"

LOL. :troll:
:D

(btw) bennies a day later are noticeable. you are the man g.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Cave, I dont disagree at all, but just because someone states on this site they have done what they are stating they have, does not really mean they really did it. I take in what I want and throw the rest away.
What would classic do if someone gave him bad info and he accepted it as good info jus because they cited it or backed it up and all his shit died?
The part where I say " grain of salt " I usually mean try It on a plant if you want and wr should all know by now these plants are Ecological and every environment is different even with monitors and controllers there sre so many decisive factors at play

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
Good question. I try to speak from experience or keep my trap shut, but this is definitely not the case with everyone. Takes a long time to figure out who comes with spot on info and who is just regurgitating some shit they "read" somewhere. IME!

organicozarks

organicozarks

I rant about this on another forum. I hate people copy and pasting shit like they know it for fact. I speak from experience, or I don't speak at all. There are so many kids on these forums that copy, and paste, and then get defensive when you prove them wrong from real world experience. I guess if it is on the internet then it must be true right?:)

Unfortunately this is where our world is headed. I went to school for 12 years(barely) , but I can prove so much of it wrong I wouldn't have time in my life to do it. Multiply that times a billion, and you have the internet.

The problem with all of these kids repeating shit from the interwebs is they hold onto these "scientific studies" like they are the holy grail. Well all scientific studies can be skewed, and all scientific studies have the potential to be proven wrong. Also the perimeters of the study are usually not a real world set up. So the application of the study to the real world can, and will need to be adjusted to work in your specific situation. Thus making them a good tool to point you in a certain direction, but not to live your life by.

Time for squiggy to come in, and rant about how scientific studies are the holy grail.:)

organicozarks

organicozarks

That was purely a joke squiggy. No offense meant.

I was just thinking about the transition to ingredients used in compost teas to end up with a good brew. They have changed over the years, and are now much different then a few decades ago. A few decades ago the studies showed one thing, and some how 20 years later they have shown something else. Amazing isn't it?

Can I get an amen for some EVOLUTION!

Now that was funny because I wanted a positive religious response to something that is completely not religious. Ok if I have to point it out it isn't funny.:)

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

941947 10151586145949373 1105299151 n

sky high

sky high

Not documenting your sources for info is akin to the widely used practice we are seeing today with seeds/genetics in that, without documentation/lineage being tracked back to the source and then to anyone along the path who had a hand in the cross, people today are getting away with claiming genetics (or info) as their own when >they< truly had no hand in developing/researching the strain/info/what-so-fucking-ever.

Give the guy all the shit you want for making the request...but most 25 year olds aren't making such distinctions and are merely adding to the dilution of info posted on the Net.

souf69

souf69

Sky, Agreed and thats why I take what I want in and use it how I want. Everybodies a grow god nowadays because of the net and click and paste. I feel like wisdom is reckog nized by wisdom and kids dum is kids dum and no more. A reference and citation is but a reference and citation and thats all.
Unless it truelly is cited from a true hard core O.G verified known has the stripes ass colonel then I take it as I want it and no more no less. People share experience for the love of the game and people share experience because they want love from the game, and some share shit cause they think they are the game. You weed em out. Ive learned alot from all of em. Been growing for a decade and I still kill shit on occasion and im not to proud to say that (souf69-thcforum).

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
:D

(btw) bennies a day later are noticeable. you are the man g.
Plagiarism or not, good information is good information. Books typically have been fact checked, I rec those if your looking to refine your scientific knowledge. THCFarmer is a forum, unless your personally worried about each individual not getting the gist of their regurging without citations; I would just continue on and research things on your own if your not sure you wanna take some random advice.

Are you a middle school teacher Classic?? j/k

putembk

putembk

Most everything I know I learned on this site from other growers. I have learned which ones to listen to and which to ignore. Don' t spend much time on the infirmary or the general grow forums. I think there is a lot of misinformation there. I always give credit where it's due. All my genetics are from cannarado and have a pretty good idea where he got them from. I don't copy or paste and then take credit period. Thanks to all on here that have helped me and I will never take credit for your work.

sixstring

sixstring

Its the net, half is bullshizzle and half is funny as hell.most times ya gotta read between the lines.maybe start threads by stating no copy paste bs and just avoid conversations with them.be a bit dull imo but at least you're keepin it real.once you've been on a site for a while you know who to trust and believe right?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

There are also private conversations with open invitation I'm on Afew and I don't like to hoard data or clone onlies but it is hard to stay focused....In some threads

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

im sure the semi logical people will be able to translate this to something relevant. which made me laugh really hard when i did

Hahahaha.....it would be cool to have a smiley face of bluntman and chronic to post on the correct threads......take it easy

Top Bottom