Plagron Cocos Perlite 70/30 growing media

• Thread starter kumar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kumar

kumar

Hi there,
does anyone have experience with this new Plagron Cocos Perlite 70/30 growing media? I need a hussle free, easy and ready to use stuff. I need something very light, airy, well draining mix, and found this one online. Will use a drip system for irrigation with drain to waste method.

Thanks a bunch!

Observationist

Observationist

Hi there,
does anyone have experience with this new Plagron Cocos Perlite 70/30 growing media? I need a hussle free, easy and ready to use stuff. I need something very light, airy, well draining mix, and found this one online. Will use a drip system for irrigation with drain to waste method.

Thanks a bunch!
You don’t really need a perlite mix

Observationist

Observationist

Sweet! What do I need then? :D
Apologize

disregard that

perlite helps with drainage and airflow

it is not needed but it greatly helps if you want to water more and a little faster growth depending on the ratio

I am currently playing around with solo cups and flipped coco to perlite ratios

like 20/80 10/90
Coco/perlite

Sunzan710

Sunzan710

Hi there,

Thanks a bunch!
This stuffs great! I had a friend who used it like crazy and would talk about it for days. I actually wanted this stuff but never could get it conveniently in my location so I went with Cloud Coir. cloud coir is great!

Sunzan710

Sunzan710

You don’t really need a perlite mix
I always found perlite to help my media dry out faster when doing drain to waste. I was able to pump more liquid nutes and they loved it. Was expensive on nutes. I usually just bought the cheapest coco and used large sized Pearl lite and would do my own 50/50 mix but everyone grows differently

Observationist

Observationist

I always found perlite to help my media dry out faster when doing drain to waste. I was able to pump more liquid nutes and they loved it. Was expensive on nutes. I usually just bought the cheapest coco and used large sized Pearl lite and would do my own 50/50 mix but everyone grows differently
Ya that was a bad comment, no context I posted a better one

kumar

kumar

Thanks guys. I know what perlite does, I was just curious how that exact Plagron product does the job. Anyhow, now experimenting with coco chips / coir mix, seems like it's pretty good.

Top Bottom