Plague in big greenhouse plant

• Thread starter fredcann
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fredcann

fredcann

Hi Friends, I found this on some flowers this morning.
Is a giant more than 13 feet tall plant in a greenhouse in soil.
Could anyone suggest what to do? As you can see flower are not far from harvest.
Thanks!

Plague in big greenhouse plant
Plague in big greenhouse plant 2
Plague in big greenhouse plant 3
Plague in big greenhouse plant 4
Yodiggity

Yodiggity

Also the 3rd picture shows a Spider Mite infestation, see the tiny webbing across the top. I think there are signs in the other pictures too, but not as clear. Insect damage is what leads to bud rot in a lot of instances

fishbuds

fishbuds

i am sorry to see that. i think your entire grow is suspect at this point. you are infested with caterpillars, and it is too late to do anything about it.

Next run, treat for cattys, 1/wk at minimum, the entire grow.

Good luck.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

i am sorry to see that. i think your entire grow is suspect at this point. you are infested with caterpillars, and it is too late to do anything about it.

Next run, treat for cattys, 1/wk at minimum, the entire grow.

Good luck.
what is a good treatment for caterpillars, i have a few in my outdoor every year.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Those caterpillar attacks look just like bud rot, because the invaded tissue rots. That webbing might actually be fungus.

When I grew outdoors in the Carolinas, caterpillars were my biggest problem (aside from, oh, I don't know… fear of arrest and prosecution). One year I lost about half the crop. I packed it in after that.

You should find a hole or two, or the actual worm, in the damaged buds.

fishbuds

fishbuds

bt 1x/wk all grow

and there will still be damage, but not total destruction.

Top Bottom