Planning a drip system, yea

• Thread starter Grapefruitroop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Hey what up yall!
Tired handwaterman here.... 😂 🪴
I m planning a 120 sites drip system...more or less 19 feet long and 6 feet wide..
So...i threw this sketch...do you think is gona work?
I draw the lines in red just for clarity purposes but the idea is to have them the same diameter of the manifold, the only difference is that they are goin to be pierced and a spagetti tube is gona b inserted (those blue crosses...)
Planning a drip system yea

The pump im lookin at is able to keep 3 Bar of pressure in the line....
Of course i will add an anti syphon valve...

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

Hey what up yall!
Tired handwaterman here.... 😂 🪴
I m planning a 120 sites drip system...more or less 19 feet long and 6 feet wide..
So...i threw this sketch...do you think is gona work?
I draw the lines in red just for clarity purposes but the idea is to have them the same diameter of the manifold, the only difference is that they are goin to be pierced and a spagetti tube is gona b inserted (those blue crosses...)
View attachment 1334404
The pump im lookin at is able to keep 3 Bar of pressure in the line....
Of course i will add an anti syphon valve...
Interesting, is this for indoor or outdoors? And type of media is important. You can make irrigation as simple or as complicated as you want. Do you plan on crop steering and adjusting shot size throughout the day? Or do you just want to get water to your plants at about the same rate. Are you looking at inline pump or submersible pump?

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Thanks guys!
Medium is coco....120 plants...indoor....probably few watering during the day.....
Ok about 1 bar....i was just shooting in the dark lol!
inline pump....why there any difference?

Last edited:
N

nicolajanjak

i use this one with success for years
1386670519_L.jpg

huqsvarna motor.
if the pump is close to the plants you may use a pressure regulator. these pumps push hard. but thats what we need to power the pc drippers, with regular aquarium pumps they won't open
46190b12c533bad4a956ac40798ea72a.jpeg

get a few pc drippers
with the right tool.
pince-perforateur-3mm-pour-tube-de-12-a-32mm.jpg

and some PELD hose. this will give you a serious setup .. no floraflex or other jokes

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Thanks Nic..im a total newbie of dripping...those pics help a lot...i would ended up buy some overkill monster otherwise....

Yeah, 120 5 liter pots....tryn to reduce veggin time in this expensive electricity era....I used to run 60 3 gallons in soil that were actually yielding better cause my handwatering was more spot on.....coco really needs some automatization to shine!

Observationist

Observationist

Thanks Nic..im a total newbie of dripping...those pics help a lot...i would ended up buy some overkill monster otherwise....

Yeah, 120 5 liter pots....tryn to reduce veggin time in this expensive electricity era....I used to run 60 3 gallons in soil that were actually yielding better cause my handwatering was more spot on.....

coco really needs some automatization to shine!
Indeed, a CLF probably best optimization for coco/perlite

N

nicolajanjak

Clones is a must in this type of setup
a good sativa strain
straight 12/12 out of the clone tray

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Yup, absolutely on the clone.....even now i would never flower a whole seed room....keepers rate its like 1 on 10...
As fas a s nutrients, i use Masterblend so i know its fine but other organic inputs like aminos, kelp could clog the the emitters?
do you guys use plain salts?

N

nicolajanjak

just A and B and some PK
i always use drip clean at half dose all the time (0,5ML per 10liters) as a preventive

the choice of the ph down has its importance also .. always nitric acid if you have hard water
it will react with the bicarbonates in the water and make them available for the plant (ex, calcium bicarb reacting with nitric acid gives calcium nitrate)

phosphoric acid tend to create precipitate in the lines overtime

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Any reccomendation as far as the flow rate of the PC drippers ?

Top Bottom