Planning a huge grow set up wich need to throw around 3-5 k/months. how to make it?

• Thread starter jokalyx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jokalyx

Hi to every modern farmer. I a planning a grow with some friends wich will be partially spplied with a bunch of solar panels, so that it doesn't look suspicious to the electricity provider. We have like 30 to 50 sq meters at our disposal.
So the pros of seting up and planning grow systems, your skills and knowledge is demanded. We want it to be optimized so that we score a max gramms/watts ratio and organic so medium will be soil. I will be happy with facts about:
_lamps systems>number, power, position, brand, ...
_ventilation systems>number and power of exhaust fans, circulation fans, carbonfilters and their site, brand, ...
_climate regulation>how to have plain control on the humidity and temperature of your tents or rooms? What kind of tools and which connections?
_pot size> for optimized growing which succession of capacities do you recommend?
_watering>temperature, ph, ec

Thankk you so much already for your reactions and advices

Ciao

sedate

sedate

jokalyx said:
I a planning a grow with some friends wich will be partially spplied with a bunch of solar panels

Are you joking?

A PV supplement to an indoor grow-op couldn't possibly be more inconsquential.

And for the rest of your questions - if you can't start to answer those yourself you won't make it through your first grow.

Jeeze.

S

Snow Crash

Are you joking?

A PV supplement to an indoor grow-op couldn't possibly be more inconsquential.

And for the rest of your questions - if you can't start to answer those yourself you won't make it through your first grow.

Jeeze.

lol. I had actually started to reply with a complete breakdown when I realized all that hard work would go to waste.

The shopping list alone, after doing all the electrical, is like 80 items deep. Environment controllers, water chillers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, runoff waste management, etc, etc, etc.

Do your due diligence and find these things out for yourself. Asking for someone to spoonfeed you the answers is not "researching." Check out the "Growing Marijuana Torrent" watch all of the Jorge Cervantes videos (youtube should have them) and pick up a couple months worth of weed magazines to read.

Then, once you have some idea of how this is all done drop by your local hydroponics or indoor gardening store and ask questions. Get some pricing, locals will usually drop a 10% discount minimum, I've found 25% off on occasion and that can be a huge deal of cash when buying a bulk of products.

Look at online grow diaries that feature soil grows, indoors, with 4000K to 8000K in lighting. Anyone with CO2 supplementation and environment control for an enclosed grow is what you need to be looking at. I can think of several on many different sites. Just google your ass off, buy a book, download some stuff. All the info is out there for you.

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

you can pay a consultant if your to lazy to figure it out yourself.... but the solar part is possible there is a wood mill in the tropics that runs of solar power only... google island solar power or off the grid and just have a snoop around on all the videos

sedate

sedate

SnowCrash said:
lol. I had actually started to reply with a complete breakdown when I realized all that hard work would go to waste.

Exactly.

SnowCrash said:
Look at online grow diaries that feature soil grows, indoors, with 4000K to 8000K in lighting. Anyone with CO2 supplementation and environment control for an enclosed grow is what you need to be looking at.

This is how to start.

LordDank said:
you can pay a consultant if your to lazy to figure it out yourself.... but the solar part is possible there is a wood mill in the tropics that runs of solar power only... google island solar power or off the grid and just have a snoop around on all the videos

Not a chance dude.

A square meter of PV produces like 150w of current. During the daytime. And it'll cost $900 per square meter - before he installs it.

So if he's going to flower during the day to use the PV he'll also need 200% more enviormental control and A/C for the heat - taking a bite out the power efficiency.

Anyway, if a square meter of PV produces 150w - just to power 5kw of light it would take 35 some PV panels at a cost of - minimally - $30,000.

Just buy the power dude.

DeRail

DeRail

you better start looking for a battery bank to store your power. My bank is 12 Rolls Sarette 4KS21PS batteries with 1140ah of stored power. I was lucky to by mine used for only 3K 4 years old it was a great deal for a bank new they cost over $20k. than you will need a couple of inverters and panels I would recommend Outback power inverters the have the cleanest power on the market i run 2 GVX 3648 inverters $4k and 2 fx80 mppt 2k . your panels will run about 20-25k I recommend the kaneka they are the best bang for the buck http://sunelec.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5&sort=9&filter_id=35&alpha_filter_id=0
It should only take you 3-4 years to cover the cost of your system.

J

jokalyx

big project

Thank you to all of you.

In fact, you are right, it a long long list and I didn't realized it would take so much time to type it. I have some experience with much smaller scaled grows.

And, as it is a huge planning this time I need some advice. I didn't find that many infos about electricity and connecting and such.

And thank you for all the useful and valuable info about solar panels installation and brand. Iknow about the problem of storage in renewable energies is the main thing where progresses should be made.

Yeah good one about the consultant, but a good buddy who got experience with it might be ideal. lol

Well continue to support and help the community. Peace
Jokalyx

Top Bottom