Planning a small closet grow 600W

• Thread starter d4money1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

d4money1

Hi guys, I have a closet thats about 2 feet wide x 4.5 feet long (so about 8-9 sq ft) and about 8ft high. I want to start a grow in this closet hopefully fitting 3-5 plants max. I plan on trying to grow feminized white widow and i want a good amount of yield (hopefully anywhere between 4-16oz). I plan on using a 600W HPS/MH combo (i thought bout getting 1000W but i wanna avoid a super high electric bill.

1. I plan on lining the walls with mylar (is that a good reflective material to use?)
2 I plan on starting my seedlings under the HPS at a very far distance of 3 or more ft away because I really dont wanna have to buy CFL lights. but i dont wanna burn my seedlings
3. Do you guys think i could fit up to 5 plants in here using 5 gallon buckets
4. Im probably going to use ocean forest soil since i keep hearing a lot about it...its just EXTREMELY expensive.
5. I want to try and veg these plants for awhile, probably 2 or more months because I want them to get about 4 or 5 feet tall. is that possible in an indoors closet?

do you guys have any suggestions for me? will a 600W HPS/MH be enough to get me that yield of 4-16oz in this closet from 3-5 plants?

most importantly what kind of light reflector would u guys recommend for a closet that size? (air cooled, wing w/o cooling,..etc)

You guys could be a great help to me. Thanks and i look forward to being a part of the community

R

rehabkicksass

How are you going to cool a closet that size with HID lighting?

CFL's are so cheap, it's silly NOT to use them. At Wal-Mart, 26W 2700k's sell for $5.98 a three-pack.

S

seebobsled

Well as rehabkicksass fluorescent would be cheap n great for veg. But I think a 2x4 6 lamp t8 or t5 would cover better. The cfl's might be better in smaller cabs. Also if you close it up you also need exhaust fan, carbon filter, ac if hot. Lots of ways and alot depends on your room with temp,humidity. Hps will rock but 400's would do and be alot more temp controllable !! and less $$ to run.
Search "closet grows" for some idea's.

B

benamack

yea im with bob. you can maybe get away with a 600 in there if you have really good air flow. but if your gonna veg under you 600 then use a mh to help then grow faster, hps will make them really stretchy. oh by the way you cant get 5 5 gallon buckets in there dude. if i were you id keep them in 3 gallons at most and veg them till there about 2 feet high, then bloom then. by the time there done they should by about 3-4 feet high, depending on the strain.

Top Bottom