Planning next grow. HELP

• Thread starter ogplatinum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ogplatinum

ogplatinum

So im finally starting to plan my next flower setup as my current one is half way through finally! Im going to be moving after this grow and switching my flowering chamber to a Homebox L, which im totally stoked on. I have a few questions if anyone with a homebox could help me out. Or anybody with good advice and experince with the products im looking intooo. Thanks!

Setupp..

Homebox 4x4 Large
40gal Hydro Res turned into 3.5x3.5 soil bed.
400watt HPS Cooltube (whatever brand)
4in Oracle Exhaust fan to push hot air away from light into duct and out the top hole in the Homebox.
Few clip on fans (1 on each corner pole)

The cooltube will have one side open and the other attached to a ducting hose, the hose will have the 4in fan pullin into the duct and out the top.

Questions...

How could i do the venting better? The homebox only has 2 holes...
Im stuck on the cooltube, easier temp control, etc.

Basically im stuck about how to vent both sides of the cooltube with only the 2 holes provided. Trying to keep the fan budget pretty low.

Thanks in advance!

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Can i just leave one side open of the cooltube and attach the duct to the other pulling off the heated air from the light? Then I could use the bottom hole in the homebox for intake.

I dont plan to use a carbon filter, my neighbors are cool and i live in a national park, outta most peoples way! Probably going to upgrade to a filter in the future.

deep buddy

deep buddy

fans are a very important investment. cant stress that enough. the only way you will know is to set it up and run it. but you wont regret buying a good fan esp if you get a good thermo or speed control, the thermo being the better choice imho.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

fans are a very important investment. cant stress that enough. the only way you will know is to set it up and run it. but you wont regret buying a good fan esp if you get a good thermo or speed control, the thermo being the better choice imho.

Thanks man, since no one replied I kinda just used google, and the thc farmer search engine to answer my main questions. Im going with a Secret Jardin instead of a homebox, same light setup, but i'll invest the extra money in the 6" vortex. That should be able to exhaust the bulbs heat while pulling passive air through the open side of the cool tube. I havent decided on a intake fan yet, wanna go a little cheaper route on that edge. Possible 50-75 max, i'll already be dropping 150+ on the vortex.

Latest posts

Top Bottom