Planning to Create an IBL

• Thread starter terpcuck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
terpcuck

terpcuck

Thanks for your time, I would like to learn how to stabilize traits and create true breeding plants. I’ve done some pollen chucking and have a poly hybrid id like to take further. A few questions:

- is it correct that the offspring of separate f1 poly hybrids would be f1 as well?
-if I want to cross a stable strain with said offspring, should I f2 or f3 them first? Or breed the best f1 pheno to the stable strain first, then take it to f4 or above?
This is what I’m picturing:

Planning to create an ibl
Sprach2001

Sprach2001

Have you thought about back crossing your polyhybrid a few times before inbreeding? Do you have more MM x HH? Are you hoping to find better expressions through this journey or do you love keeper female and want her in seed form? Also, choosing a male based on structure alone isn’t necessarily a good thing. I’ve seen and heard many things over the last 35 years. I don’t think males matter that much, but there are a few male traits to avoid. Keep detailed notes of dominant and recessive traits and keep spare seeds of every generation. I think doing 2 batches of 20 will show most of the dominant traits, giving an idea of what there is to play with, and if it’s even worth moving forward on the line.

terpcuck

terpcuck

Have you thought about back crossing your polyhybrid a few times before inbreeding? Do you have more MM x HH? Are you hoping to find better expressions through this journey or do you love keeper female and want her in seed form? Also, choosing a male based on structure alone isn’t necessarily a good thing. I’ve seen and heard many things over the last 35 years. I don’t think males matter that much, but there are a few male traits to avoid. Keep detailed notes of dominant and recessive traits and keep spare seeds of every generation. I think doing 2 batches of 20 will show most of the dominant traits, giving an idea of what there is to play with, and if it’s even worth moving forward on the line.
I have thought about back crossing, would that be better to do before crossing with sensi star? What male traits would you avoid? Early signs of sex? I have close to 1000 hh x mm. I liked the few phenos I ran. So should I run as many as possible then f2 my keeper, or back cross keeper with p1? I’m really interested in taking the line somewhere unique, with potency and flavor trumping yield.

Latest posts

Top Bottom