Planning To Use Coco For The Next Grow And Need Help

• Thread starter gorillaglueaaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
My grows almost over and I'm out of soil but I have some good quality coco soil was thinking of giving it a try. I'm planning on using the general hydroponics trio for nutrients with molasses from mid to late flower. I heard you need to use calmag when using coco but I have no clue if that's true.
If you can answer any of these questions that would be great:
1. Should I use perlite or vermiculite and if so what percent of each?
2. Is the calmag necessary and if so does that mean I have to tone it down on the other nutrients?
3. Coco is pretty soft so can I not transplant with it?
4. Can I place the sprout right into the coco or do I need to use something else until its a seedling?
5. Is there anything else that's different when using coco instead of soil?

Islandgrows

Islandgrows

My grows almost over and I'm out of soil but I have some good quality coco soil was thinking of giving it a try. I'm planning on using the general hydroponics trio for nutrients with molasses from mid to late flower. I heard you need to use calmag when using coco but I have no clue if that's true.
If you can answer any of these questions that would be great:
1. Should I use perlite or vermiculite and if so what percent of each?
2. Is the calmag necessary and if so does that mean I have to tone it down on the other nutrients?
3. Coco is pretty soft so can I not transplant with it?
4. Can I place the sprout right into the coco or do I need to use something else until its a seedling?
5. Is there anything else that's different when using coco instead of soil?
1/Perlite your choice . More perlite more frequent watering . Vermiculite not really needed .
2/no you mix weaker generally so just add the recommended dose.
3/yes you can once roots have spread into it.
4/you can start them in coco.
5/ dont let coco go dry it messes with the ph, and feed with every watering . Coco is hard to overwater. You can get faster growth with more feedings .

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
1/Perlite your choice . More perlite more frequent watering . Vermiculite not really needed .
2/no you mix weaker generally so just add the recommended dose.
3/yes you can once roots have spread into it.
4/you can start them in coco.
5/ dont let coco go dry it messes with the ph, and feed with every watering . Coco is hard to overwater. You can get faster growth with more feedings .
I'm planning to use it in a 7 gallon fabric pot so how often do you think I should water it. When it starts to get slightly dry or every day or what? Pretty rarely but sometimes, I'd have to leave it for 48 hours, do you think it would be fine?
Also, if I can get calmag, should I use it?

HeavyKush

HeavyKush

I use a 25 gallon tote to catch sifted material. First I let my used coco dry out with minimal dampness to keep the coco from being powdery. I take a plastic dollar store spaghetti strainer and shake the root ball into the strainer, then shake strainer sifting the small root matter from the coco and perlite. Gather roots and toss, and whatever perlite is left inside strainer, I put back in the sifted coco. I do this every grow cycle and never had to buy coco using this recycling method. Hope this helps. AND IT IS WORK, similar to trimming😢. Depending on how much you have. 🤣

Top Bottom