Planning upcoming uc build

• Thread starter Green Giant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green Giant

Green Giant

Ok farmers making the move over to the uc side :-). I have a few questions, ok maybe I have a lot of questions!!!

Trying to decide what size rooms to build out.

1. How far apart do you guys have you grow modules ( I'm using 8 gallon modules) center to center?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Horzontal or vertical lighting???

Short quick flip with a scrog or not and horizontal lights....25"-32" centers works great..large trees with vert and horizontal top lights mixed of vert lights exclusively 48"-54" centers works great

Green Giant

Green Giant

Horizontal lights. With around 2-3 weeks of veg.

Sounds like if I veg for a month in coco I should be able to achieve the same size plant in uc with 3 week veg? Correct me if I'm wrong.

redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

I will be running 2 seperate systems in flower both will be 8 spots with two 1k over each. Do you think that will be enough light?

If you're running a scrog, yup. You only need the large centers if you're growing trees.

F

fuzzy

I think you might be a little surprised by the veg difference for 1 in the UC compared to coco.Ive run both for a while now.I run a 8 bucket system with 26in centers scrogg with 3000 over the top horizontally.I also run a few buckets of coco on the outsides.UC wins everytime in weight difference,peace,fuzzy

Green Giant

Green Giant

Starting to pick up a few pieces to get this up and running! :-)

What air stones/defusers are you guys running?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I moved this to the DIY section since your reversing an "Under Current"

4" Round Airstone, $7 or $8 bucks a piece, 1 in each bucket and two in the epicenter..

Pondmaster AP100 or HD type airpump and manifold..$200 bucks..overkill is better here IMO

AS4RD 4941
Sup04580
7645 1762
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
1/4hp Artica chiller by JBJ, one for each system...

1 3 chiller
Green Giant

Green Giant

I moved this to the DIY section since your reversing an "Under Current"

4" Round Airstone, $7 or $8 bucks a piece, 1 in each bucket and two in the epicenter..

Pondmaster AP100 or HD type airpump and manifold..$200 bucks..overkill is better here IMO

Thanks for moving it to the right spot

I'm planning on using the ap-100 to feed both units in flower, and the ap-60 for the one unit in veg. Just picked up three mag drive 950's for the water flow.

Where can I find those round air defusers? All I can find locally is the cheap cylinder type stones for $4+ or the 8" rounds for $25 each.

As far as the chiller goes I will be running a DIY chiller in each of the epi's. using my water well and a ranco controler.

Thanks for the input and if you see me doing something that dosent work or make sense please let me know.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
The Ap100 isn't enough for both setups (18) sites, I would use an AP100 on each of them...950 is alot of flow and you run into problems with your chillers because the water isn't sittin in the radiator long enough to cool it down....I run a 500gph on my 8 site setups

Latest posts

Top Bottom