Plans for first "real grow" (advice)

• Thread starter MitchConnor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MitchConnor

I plan to start up my first grow as soon as I move out of my Mom's place. I was going to do a small autoflower grow but, plan on moving out most likely before harvest and I didn't want to piss her off if she found it. So I plan to get this up and running by October.
I have a single bagseed plant about 2 weeks into flower. It's not anything serious just messing around with cheap nutes, LST, HST, watering methods, and just general practice getting familiar with plants. I have been doing research for about a year and feel I know enough to

--In the upcoming months I plan to make some purchases.
Grow Lab GL120
(Help) 500w Blackstar LED--Haight Solid State PPF-800--T5s and CFL Combo
Fox Farm Nutes and Soil
3 gallon buckets
Seeds (idk what strains yet)

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Im planning almost the exact same thing man. Just a little different, but to purchase some stuff over the course of like 3-4 months. I have a grow right now but i want to step my game up to around what your trying to do as well. Heres what I got, I think you could spend WAY less on this setup, and get exactly what your looking for. Im going for cost effective and high quality. Heres my suggestion...

-Keep the Growlab GL120, or go with a Homebox L (little cheaper) but the Growlab seems to get better reviews. Im going with the Homebox L
-400watt HPS/MH in a Cooltube reflector (one side open, one side attached to duct)
-6" Vortex Inline fan (attached to same ducting as cooltube, exhausting all HOT air off the bulb and out the top of the tent exhaust port)
-Clip on fans, for some air circ.
-4" Axial Fan inserted in a small piece of duct for the bottom port. Little air intake.

plus whatever soil/hydro/buckets or whatever setup your going with for the plant medium. And all the other stuff is up to you. Just my input on the basic structure.

I think that setup would run you at least a hundred LESS and be just as effective.

Just my 2cents. Im trying to accomplish what you are as well, already moved out of my moms house, got my first little setup goin, but wanna move up to something like this. Heres my advice from my research. Hope it helps, have a good one bro!

Top Bottom