Plant count in Maine

• Thread starter BlackBart
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BlackBart

BlackBart

I have my appointment to get my med card next month . I was planning on being a caregiver but with the fed saying that they will still come in and arrest anyone who is growing ,I have been a bit hesitant about it .

The law has some gray area on veg and flowering plants . Can anyone help me out on this one ?

organicness

organicness

Hey BB. Plant count is currently at 6 (flowering) that are 12 inches wide and 12 inches tall (or more). There are some pieces of legislation that should be going through at some point soon that will clarify a bit more about a lot of things.

The fed isn't going to come down on small caregivers. They're going after the dispensaries and larger cooperatives. And they haven't been arresting people growing, mostly just raiding their places. Even here in Maine they'll just take the excess number of plants if you're not in compliance with state law. They've left patients that have been raided with the allowable number of plants.

Best to you!

M

MTM

Obama announced on june 2nd that the feds have had a change of heart,they wont fuck with legal growers and they are going to leave us alone.It election time again,the news article is here on the farm bro,check it out!!!

BlackBart

BlackBart

Thanks for the reply . A 12x12 flowering plant is not very big ...that sounds a little hokey to me . A few people have told me that there is no limit on vegging plants . Is this true ?

M

mdanforth

no limit on veg.....but I'd recommend staying below 100 total plants....

G

GreenIce

Thanks for the reply . A 12x12 flowering plant is not very big ...that sounds a little hokey to me . A few people have told me that there is no limit on vegging plants . Is this true ?

BlackBart - The 12 x 12 rule is there for the growers protection........it basically protects you if you took some late clippings for clones and have some flowers growing on it or maybe you are sexing some of your plants at a young stage. The good part of that rule is you are allowed 6 per patient and if you can grow a 3 pound plant then you can do 18 lbs each harvest without breaking any laws.

M

mdanforth

BlackBart - The 12 x 12 rule is there for the growers protection........it basically protects you if you took some late clippings for clones and have some flowers growing on it or maybe you are sexing some of your plants at a young stage. The good part of that rule is you are allowed 6 per patient and if you can grow a 3 pound plant then you can do 18 lbs each harvest without breaking any laws.

well you'd be along ways over the possesion limit, so you would be breaking the law.....

G

GreenIce

Ha good point forgot about that possession part......well my main point was you can not be penalized for anything flowering under 12 inches which is pretty cool in my book

BlackBart

BlackBart

Thanks for all the info folks . I'm just planning to grow for myself for the time being . I'm still leary of the fed and what they might do if I'm a caregiver and my numbers are high .

C

corners

Well, what it does is makes it so you dont get bagged for having/making clones. Somebody with a SOG set up could get way more time then someone with less plants but yielding the same. 12x12 isnt horrible, its a plant you are almost able to flower with some veg time

M

MaineGuy

12x12 isnt horrible

The new, new, law (i.e. as review in 2011) removed the 12"x12" definition of a plant. Technically, you can now have 6 female plants in flower and an unlimited number of plants in veg. DHHS will address this in a rule making session in the immediate future (if it hasn't happened already) with the current suggestion being limiting total plant count at 4x the total of allowed flowering females.

From my reading of the law a male plant would only count as a plant in veg whether flowering or not.

doctordank

doctordank

I'm a new Maine patient and was curious about the 2 1/2 ounce prepared limit. Does anybody know if that includes cannabis that I'm curing? The way I see it, bud that is curing is not finished or prepared yet. Thanks guys an girls.......

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

http://www.maine.gov/dhhs/dlrs/mmm/index.shtml

all the rules and regulations. the one titled "public law" is the one you want, it only says a qualifying patient is limited to 6 mature or flowering plants. I haven't read anything about vegging so I'm assuming there is no restriction on them. Then again I haven't read the whole thing yet I got ADD half way through and packed a bong

doctordank

doctordank

Ya, I hear that. I cant ever seam to finish reading that type of shit. Love ADD.......

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

I don't know about the 2.5 oz limit, I have only been looking at that aspect as carrying it, and I wouldn't be carrying 2.5 oz uncured... You have to look at it from their perspective, who would they be sending to inspect that you are following regulations, a police officer? How much does the officer know about the actual growing process, would he even know the difference between curing bud and bud that is ready to smoke? I would think if you still have like an oz. laying around and you had a fresh 2.5 oz already hang dried but curing you might get in trouble.. especially if your grow op doesn't look like a small self medication op. If you have say, a gram maybe an eighth and you can say that stuff isn't ready to smoke and it's getting ready for your next batch then maybe you could get away with it. AGAIN I don't actually know any of the legalities of it, please don't bring this post to court as evidence ;)

doctordank

doctordank

They don't inspect your garden in Maine. I guess the 2.5 is cured and ready to use plant material. The 2.5 ounces doesn't include curing medicine and you can have medicine at different curing stages. I have been trying to figure out all the limits here for a month or so, and it took a lot of questions and rereading the DHHS website with all the laws. Some of the wording is just a little confusing, so it takes a few read through's......

M

Mainely High

Does anyone write on this anymore. The laws in Maine are more for us than against us. We have an affirmative defense to excess plant and weight possession, which is at 6 flowering, 12 adult in veg over the 12" by 12" language. The allowed amount in veg is literally unlimited, albeit they need to be under the 12" by 12" limit. The language is 2.5 processed, that does not include an additional 8# per person in process. Process can be as simple as it's in my freezer, doesn't say it has to be an operating freezer, so it's jarred and ready for processing to smoke. Curing is not a good defense, buy a freezer and don't plug it in, cut off the prongs and put away your surplus. Maine is also a favorable small man state. By that I mean you're allowed to legally sell excess medication, plants, trimmings, etc., to a valid prescription holder of course. You even have an unspecified time to eliminate any surplus. Maine MMJ laws are one reason our state was voted as having the best accessible medical marijuana program in the country.... As it says on the sign driving into Maine on 95, "Open For Business". I spent about ten grand to move here from the Midwest, for a reason. Plant Maine, Indoors and Out.

Top Bottom