Plant Drinking Water Too FAST! ...issue or normal?

• Thread starter GrowWithTheFlow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowWithTheFlow

GrowWithTheFlow

Whats up guys,

So my problem is that my plants looks healthy but has some browning on lower leaves towards the root & plant has been drinking water FAST, seems im now watering every other day.

Im one week out of switching to flowering and have been feeding flora trio every other feeding. Right now its getting 1/2tsp floramicro, 1/2tsp floragro, 1/4tsp florabloom and 1/2tsp calmag. Will go up on florabloom next week.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal or if I need to be doing something different?

Plant drinking water too fast issue or normal
Plant drinking water too fast issue or normal 2
Plant drinking water too fast issue or normal 3
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Has it been hot where your at? Environment also contributes to how fast the plant needs water or doesn’t.

GrowWithTheFlow

GrowWithTheFlow

Has it been hot where your at? Environment also contributes to how fast the plant needs water or doesn’t.

Actually, yes! Yesterday it got up to 100 degrees outside... can that effect how my plant grows in the tent? The temp in my tent is usually between 77 - 80degrees

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Actually, yes! Yesterday it got up to 100 degrees outside... can that effect how my plant grows in the tent? The temp in my tent is usually between 77 - 80degrees
No. If your tent is fine then all is good. I would understand if it was 100 and the plants required more water. They may just be growing and thirsty. Give em a drink 🥃

Captainbud

Captainbud

Whats up guys,

So my problem is that my plants looks healthy but has some browning on lower leaves towards the root & plant has been drinking water FAST, seems im now watering every other day.

Im one week out of switching to flowering and have been feeding flora trio every other feeding. Right now its getting 1/2tsp floramicro, 1/2tsp floragro, 1/4tsp florabloom and 1/2tsp calmag. Will go up on florabloom next week.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal or if I need to be doing something different?
Look ok to me but I’m no pro.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I dont want her to get to to big, do you think transplanting will keep her at a good size for this tent?

You have to learn to manage the plants. I stuck with a 3 gallon pot thinking they would stay smaller. But with practice they kept getting bigger.

I suggest you learn to top, lst and pinch and bend and stake and tie plants.

Or many use a trellis net or scrog.

You got them drinking fast that is a good sign you will do very well. But the plants will reward you by taking up all the space they can.

GrowWithTheFlow

GrowWithTheFlow

You have to learn to manage the plants. I stuck with a 3 gallon pot thinking they would stay smaller. But with practice they kept getting bigger.

I suggest you learn to top, lst and pinch and bend and stake and tie plants.

Or many use a trellis net or scrog.

You got them drinking fast that is a good sign you will do very well. But the plants will reward you by taking up all the space they can.

Thanks for the advice.. I will definitely be reading up on the techniques mentioned!

I’ve done topped the main stem already a couple weeks ago, but think I will top a few more

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Thanks for the advice.. I will definitely be reading up on the techniques mentioned!

I’ve done topped the main stem already a couple weeks ago, but think I will top a few more

Top it till you stop it!

jk just remember tho all those sites are gonna need to reach the light so be careful how many tops you make! :D

GrowWithTheFlow

GrowWithTheFlow

3 or 5 gal fabs. Provides great oxygen to the roots and allows the roots to air prune themselves. I think that’s a great idea.

Successfully transplanted her into a 3gal pot. Roots where visible around the edge and bottom, looked nice but forgot to get a pic smh lol.

About how much water does a 3 gal usually need?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Successfully transplanted her into a 3gal pot. Roots where visible around the edge and bottom, looked nice but forgot to get a pic smh lol.

Not much after transplant. Better
To lower light intensity until tomorrow to ensure she bounces back. Water around the outside of the pot to force the roots to grow out toward the water.
Burnz

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My 3 gallon nursery pots take a gallon to a gallon and a quart to get decent saturation and runoff.

growsince79

growsince79

Nice plant. If it was mine, I'd top again now then flip the light in one week. My 3g bags get about 5 quarts every 3 days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom