Plant Ethylene Problem??

• Thread starter Rhyno
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rhyno

Rhyno

Question: Does anyone have pictures of an Plant Ethylene problem in flower? I am currently running in one of my rooms mixed spectrum- 1:1 ratio of 1000W HPS and 1000W MH and I am seeing a weird bud structure.

Here are some Pics of the problem...

Thank you!

~Rhyno

Plant1
Plant2
Plant3
Plant4
Plant ethylene problem 5
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Are you using CO2 burners?and are you bringing in fresh air at all or completely sealed?Usually an ethylene problem appears when using a burner and sealed and a there are a few ways to deal with it IF thats your problem,very hard to tell by those photos.

Rhyno

Rhyno

No CO2 addition yet. Waiting to get HVAC in this room before CO2 is added. Currently the room is being passively cooled. Fresh air in, Exhausting out 24/7.

Another question, could the mixed spectrum throw off the ethylene hormone production in the plant?

~Rhyno

Rhyno

Rhyno

Addition... The plant pistols started to turn and die early on in the flowering cycle - Week 3ish.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

It may just be the pic but some look awfully close to the lights.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Where in the cycle are these plants and what are you feeding them? Foliar feeding?

Rhyno

Rhyno

The lights are approximately 24" - 30" above plant canopy, I have a couple rows of Blue Dream, that need the hoods a bit higher. Cycle is Week 3-4 of Flower. I use H&G as the base plus some P-K boosters, and beneficials. I am not currently foliar feeding.

~Rhyno

Rhyno

Rhyno

I found an article:
The Effect of Different Portions of the Sunlight Spectrum on Ethylene Evolution in Peach
(Prunus persica) Apices..

I only read the abstract, but it inferred that B/FR spectrum could/did inhibit ethylene production in peaches. Any thoughts?

~Rhyno

Rhyno

Rhyno

Yes I ran all these cuts before only under HPS. Did fine. Wanted to change up this run, and added checkerboard RED/BLUE - each at 1000W. I ran past runs with mixed spectrum, but used 4x RED 1000W, and 1x BLUE 400W (as side lighting) in a 2 x 1 x 2 pattern. No problems.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Noone88, can you explain what you have seen before OR share pics? Thanks.

Rhyno

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Only time i have seen ethylene problems all had to do with using a co2 burner,is there anything else in that room that might be off gasing?

sixstring

sixstring

i run pretty much the same ratio in my flower room and do not have any issues with many dif strains coming and going.i think its something other than the lighting.how old is this room,did it recently get new paint or drywall?

Rhyno

Rhyno

Thanks Fishwhistle, interesting article. I did see similarities, I will see what is needed to get an air sample.

Sixstring, this room has been running for almost a year. No new paint or drywall.

sixstring

sixstring

Is that plastic on the floor and is it new?also are these plants in new pots and if so were they rinsed out first?
Idk im just grasping at straws but i highly doubt it's the mixed spectrum lighting.i switched my room over to a 50/50 mix over a year ago,did it in the middle of a cycle on alotbof plants as i run a perpetual op.all my plants have loved it from day 1.i wonder if maybe something is coming in with your intake air?

Top Bottom