Plant going to seed. Let dry before harvest?

• Thread starter peppertopper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
peppertopper

peppertopper

Hey this is my first time going to full harvest. I have 2 plants and my one plant is starting to go to seed on the lower smaller buds. I noticed what i think are seeds forming yesterday. I am into the 2nd day of flushing was going to do one more day. Wondering after the flush should i let them dry out a bit before harvest or cut them right away. Not sure how fast the seeds will form and how much potency is lost. I dont care to have seeds. Im thinking if they dont dry out a bit after the flush they will be a little harsh still.

Tomorrow is the beginning of 8 weeks into flowering. I ended up fertilizing a bit to much during flowering so my leaves never turned yellow.

Thanks

20191019 081251
20191019 081330
Dan789

Dan789

One question, is the whole plant in this same condition, or just the lower branches?
So my impression is that you didn’t notice some male nanners and now your thinking you’ve got seeds forming... Looks like something’s going on as at one time your pistils were already orange and now you’ve seemingly got new pistil growth. My feeble attempts every year are not to let the female plants get pollenated, so you’re in unchartered territory as far as I have any knowledge or experience. To have anything seeds included you’ll have to let run it’s full cycle and by looking at your leaves I don’t see any fade, the plant telling you it’s almost done. So don’t know why that is, if you’ve been feeding overfeeding or not...Otherwise it would seem you’ve got time till those pistils turn color and any trichomes you could find on the buds you check for clear, cloudy or amber, ideally mostly cloudy, some amber. good luck though not quite sure what you’ll be harvesting. Maybe someone else will chime in.

JerryGarcia

JerryGarcia

Your plants are no where near done, as Dan said. Just be patient. You've spent a lot of time so far, and a few more weeks is going to make a huge difference.

peppertopper

peppertopper

Hey so is this just new hairs being formed? I circled it in blue. I was thinking it was a seed forming. No my 2 plants are all female

I was told that if a plant are left into flower for to long they will automatically go to seed. That what made me worry.

20191020 005858
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hey so is this just new hairs being formed? I circled it in blue. I was thinking it was a seed forming. No my 2 plants are all female

I was told that if a plant are left into flower for to long they will automatically go to seed. That what made me worry.

Those are nanners.

peppertopper

peppertopper

Those are nanners.

They looked different then the normal hairs. If they are nanners will that cause me issues with my other buds? I didnt think i had any males and it only started at 8 weeks into flower. Only a few buds have them.

The tricomes are cloudy, some are starting to bend over. I flushed it for 2 days on Friday saturday. So they are just drying now.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

They looked different then the normal hairs. If they are nanners will that cause me issues with my other buds? I didnt think i had any males and it only started at 8 weeks into flower. Only a few buds have them.

The tricomes are cloudy, some are starting to bend over. I flushed it for 2 days on Friday saturday. So they are just drying now.

Bu the time you see them they may have already dropped pollen. Nanners are the stamen inside a male flower. The plant likely reversed sex and grew them from stress. Nutrient, heat, etc.

Fortunately late nanners may not have viable pollen and even if they do not much time to develop seeds.

You should always pick them off asap.

peppertopper

peppertopper

Ya it would of been from stress for sure. Ill have another good look over and make sure i dont see any. I looked up nanners also to learn more about it. Thanks everyone.

Wolfe

Wolfe

Ya it would of been from stress for sure. Ill have another good look over and make sure i dont see any. I looked up nanners also to learn more about it. Thanks everyone.
Naners or bananas are the pollen sacks that are producing seed for a number of reasons. The seeds at the bottom could end up being decent. You never know. I know people will say that herm breeds herm but I’ll tell you from my experience if you grow a s1 couple times out from each generation, those tendencies can work themselves out. Sometimes if the smoke is good you might be thankful having some seed around. I had a couple plants outside this year get pollinated on the bottoms also. The tops were clean though and only two plants out of 19 had that problem. They were S1s and the first generations of
S1s have a tendency to do that with some strains. Could be a survival instinct bred into the plant. The S1s or would you call it S2s? that come from S1s seem more stable after that point from my experience.

peppertopper

peppertopper

Ok ya so far its just been a couple buds on the bttm and its a medium sized plant so i have alot that dont have nanners. I read on this site someone says it takes 4 weeks to create a seed and i just started flushing on friday so doubt itll have time to finish the seed. I wouldnt mind having seeds but dont want lots. Ya not sure if its an s1 since my friend gave it to me and he doesnt know that either.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ok ya so far its just been a couple buds on the bttm and its a medium sized plant so i have alot that dont have nanners. I read on this site someone says it takes 4 weeks to create a seed and i just started flushing on friday so doubt itll have time to finish the seed. I wouldnt mind having seeds but dont want lots. Ya not sure if its an s1 since my friend gave it to me and he doesnt know that either.

If all the plants in the room are female then the seeds will be female.

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Be sure that none of the electronics in the grow space have power indicator led lights on them like fans, plugs or timers. Rogue lights can cause those nanners during the dark cycle as a stressor.

peppertopper

peppertopper

Im pretty sure they are female. So maybe i wont remove the nanners. This is my first grow so it would be a good experience to see what happens with the nanners after 2 weeks.

Ya i very small amount of lights on the dehumidifier and fan. I wouldnt of thought that small of lights would of mattered because if they were outside the moon would of given more light then those.

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

They unfortunately can make a difference. in many forums it’s been discussed that the moon lumens don’t affect the plants the same way. Cover the lights with duct tape.

peppertopper

peppertopper

Ya plants are probably smart enough to know the difference between moon light and artificial light

Dan789

Dan789

One other thing on your grow space, it seems to be a tent, and the plants have grown into to the lights. Can you move that filter outside the tent, that would free up lots of space, which the crowding may have been the stress inducer...Another way to free up space is lose the metal hangars for those lights (that they came with). They can be hung with tie wire from a piece of furring strip (small 1.5” X 1”dimensional wood). suggestions for next years set up...

peppertopper

peppertopper

Hey dan ya my big plant ive been growing since march i thought i could finish it outdoor but turns out the weather here isnt long enough. So i had to trim it just to get it into the tent. The lights are all held up by wire to keep it as high as they can go. I got rid of the wire they provided since u lose a foot. The fan on the outside is a good idea i didnt think of that. Next year ill be keeping it to a way shorter growing period start my seeds in april and hoping to harvest in july. Thanks for the advice

Dan789

Dan789

Hey dan ya my big plant ive been growing since march i thought i could finish it outdoor but turns out the weather here isnt long enough. So i had to trim it just to get it into the tent. The lights are all held up by wire to keep it as high as they can go. I got rid of the wire they provided since u lose a foot. The fan on the outside is a good idea i didnt think of that. Next year ill be keeping it to a way shorter growing period start my seeds in april and hoping to harvest in july. Thanks for the advice

Here’s what I did, the fan is drawing air out through the tops of both tents, cardboard box is my diy air junction box...
77C5F32B 9A47 4D75 B4DA 9B412265A028

Latest posts

Top Bottom