Plant Grow Time Confusion!

• Thread starter Shrek84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shrek84

Shrek84

ok this is probably a huge newb question but when I research seeds that I’m about to grow I see that it says stuff like 8-10 weeks to flower is that on top of the time it takes to veg as well? So if it takes 8 weeks for veg then another 8-10 for flower that’s 4.5 months in total or are they meaning it’s 8-10 weeks from the time they pop until they should be ready for harvest? How long should a normal veg take? I always just flip when the plant is bushy and roughly 2-3 foot tall. Please inform me of all your thoughts tricks and techniques! Thanks

MW7945

MW7945

That's how long it takes once it's flipped 12/12 into flower.

Just remember plants will double or even triple in size when flipped from veg to flower. 2-3 feet tall during veg = 4-6+ feet in flower.

Enforcer

Enforcer

ok this is probably a huge newb question but when I research seeds that I’m about to grow I see that it says stuff like 8-10 weeks to flower is that on top of the time it takes to veg as well? So if it takes 8 weeks for veg then another 8-10 for flower that’s 4.5 months in total or are they meaning it’s 8-10 weeks from the time they pop until they should be ready for harvest? How long should a normal veg take? I always just flip when the plant is bushy and roughly 2-3 foot tall. Please inform me of all your thoughts tricks and techniques! Thanks
It does not count veg. I would recommend vegging at least 6 weeks from seed. The breeder time estimates are usually from when the first flowers form after flipping to 12/12. So you may need a week or two longer than recommend, if you are counting from flip.

Shrek84

Shrek84

That's how long it takes once it's flipped 12/12 into flower.

Just remember plants will double or even triple in size when flipped from veg to flower. 2-3 feet tall during veg = 4-6+ feet in flower.
Thanks so I should probably pay attention to the statistical heights of the strain to know when to flip? Normally I just go by when it’s bushy and cover most of the soil with the spread.

MW7945

MW7945

Thanks so I should probably pay attention to the statistical heights of the strain to know when to flip? Normally I just go by when it’s bushy and cover most of the soil with the spread.

It can depend a lot on strain and lighting

Shrek84

Shrek84

It does not count veg. I would recommend vegging at least 6 weeks from seed. The breeder time estimates are usually from when the first flowers form after flipping to 12/12. So you may need a week or two longer than recommend, if you are counting from flip.
Thanks to be honest I’ve known about waiting until the trichs are cloudy or Amber but have never actually waited for that . I currently have to AI that I’m trying to wait on but I’m getting impatient ! Lol

6F03D761 6A01 4E93 B977 5825A035BD4E
F0A4BD4E A684 46D3 8DD5 ACFB52714674
2557B8C1 3DC8 428C BC1C 19687B2F73B0
5BD8DF1F EE5F 489B A0B5 0D983E8BE0E9
7345E8EA 64D0 4812 A68A E347DB9B2089
26C263F4 B39B 44BA BE90 1EAC4570DFCD
Shrek84

Shrek84

Thanks to be honest I’ve known about waiting until the trichs are cloudy or Amber but have never actually waited for that . I currently have to AI that I’m trying to wait on but I’m getting impatient ! Lol
This pictures were taken on Monday this week

Enforcer

Enforcer

I would too if my plant looked like that. Very frosty!

Shrek84

Shrek84

I would too if my plant looked like that. Very frosty!
Yes very frosty ! I wish I still had the pictures of the Blue dream I grew back a few years ago it was my first grow ever and it went amazingly for a rookie that didn’t know she about growing or anything . Lol I learned how to clone with her and everything . I think I harvested like 6-7 of them. I don’t remember the final weigh out. It was a lot.

Hydro head

Hydro head

Looking nice , I wouldn’t chop yet got 2 weeks plus on them yet, nearly all ur hairs are white, they will get fatter and more crystals on them if u keep them going,

Shrek84

Shrek84

Looking nice , I wouldn’t chop yet got 2 weeks plus on them yet, nearly all ur hairs are white, they will get fatter and more crystals on them if u keep them going,
Thanks yea I haven’t cut them yet just watering every other day or two. Trying to flush them and wait for the trichs to turn ! Hopefully soon though I’m gettinv impatient and I can’t even smoke because of my job but my wife can .

Latest posts

Top Bottom