Plant Help! Pale Leaves!

• Thread starter jdogdabface
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jdogdabface

jdogdabface

Hello,

A few months ago I had a few leftover clones, 2 skywalker clones, and 2 blueberry x unknown clones, and I just threw them into one of my raised beds out in the backyard. They were only 4-8 inches tall when i put them outside, so they have grown a considerable amount, but they just seem so pale, and the leaves seem very thick. Ive never grown outdoor before so I don't know if theres something wrong or if this is normal. I didn't mix and additives into the soil, however the soil is fresh compost soil mixture. Is there anything I can aide my plants with to get them to 100% health? Any help or comments greatly appreciated!

Plant help pale leaves
GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Get some fish fertilizer from lowes use as directed $15 gallon great stuff! Do you spray for bugs?

jdogdabface

jdogdabface

Ill try that. No i don't. I have some neem oil and stuff inside if I see any but so far they've been looking good. Should I apply A pesticide as a preventative?

Homesteader

Homesteader

Earth Worm Castings would be welcome. When shopping for fish, you are looking for fish hydrolysate and not cheap emulsion (box stores). With emulsion you are most often getting trash harbor fish high in metals that have been stripped of oils and proteins before being boiled down into their soup. The hydrolysate I use is from north Atlantic fish and doesn't have that puked up trash smell that the Alaska fish does.

Nice healthy strawberries by the way!

N

numbnutts

Looks to me like they need nitrogen brother. Earthworm castings are a great thing to add to soil because it's very gentle on young plants and it really gives em a nice boost into vegetative growth. I stay all organic. I'd pick up a bag of high nitrogen bat guano sprinkle some around the top of the soil and water it in.

N

numbnutts

I've found over time that the very basic stuff works the best. Bat guano , seabird guano , organic grow and organic bloom , earthworm castings and a good soiless mix like promix mycho or hp. The mycho you need to feed specific stiff to for the colonies or microbes to thrive. But it's a really easy system with great results. Those strawberries are amazing.

jdogdabface

jdogdabface

Thanks for all the responses! That makes sense what you say about the fish fertilizer, i actually work in the seafood industry and i know first hand how they squeeze a penny out of everything!
Ill grab some Earthworm Casting and Bat guano to start, and see if that changes her looks!
Im planning to dress is like @numbnutts said, would that work for both of these amendments? There water soluble?
Any thing else I should grab besides those two? I don't want to just get a bunch of different guanos and meals if there going to give nearly the same benefit, as I'm just doing this for fun and don't want to spend too much $$.
Thanks @numbnutts and @Homesteader, planted those at the beginning of the summer and they've taken off! Strawberry are my new second favorite thing to cultivate:)

jdogdabface

jdogdabface

@GrowingGreen Do bugs seem to attack more during flowering? And thats why you might want to get a heavy presence of organic pesticides up in your plants before you flower? Or do you run preventatives thru flower? Because they've been outside for several weeks and they seem to be not affected by bugs!
Im for sure going to give them some neem, but I don't want to do something weekly unless its crucial.

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

@GrowingGreen Do bugs seem to attack more during flowering? And thats why you might want to get a heavy presence of organic pesticides up in your plants before you flower? Or do you run preventatives thru flower? Because they've been outside for several weeks and they seem to be not affected by bugs!
Im for sure going to give them some neem, but I don't want to do something weekly unless its crucial.
i spray every week since they were put into solocups only organic spraying, bugs come all the time but bugs are normal things in a garden ! mites are my biggest worry but so far im good no issues this year!

jdogdabface

jdogdabface

Thats a nice chart, I'm going to go look at the girls tomorrow & try to diagnose them

Homesteader

Homesteader

Go easy with guano if you decide to go that route, you can easily give her too much if you arent careful.

Bigoutdoor

Bigoutdoor

Also if you're ph is not on point the plants don't get the correct nutrition from the soil. Ph up or down can stop certain nutes from entering the plants or overload the plants depending on witch way they are off.

Top Bottom