Plant is turning yellow - need suggestion

• Thread starter Dance_Instructor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dance_Instructor

Hi,

This lady is 7+ weeks old from germination, been flowering around 2 weeks already. Its an autoflowering plant.

Yellow spots appeared 5-6 days ago, I thought it could be ph and/or nutrient lockout and also I had my lights very close.

Fixed the light and gave it height, lowered dosage of the nutrients and measuring ph all the time and its around 6-6.5.

Its in soil, Im using Advanced Nutrients Jungle Juice, + Big Bud and B52, (50% everything) last time only gave water

More and more leaves turning yellow now, any ideas what is happening? How can I fix?

Also looks like Nitrogen defficiency so Im not sure what is it exactly.

Plant is turning yellow   need suggestion
Plant is turning yellow   need suggestion 2
Plant is turning yellow   need suggestion 3
Plant is turning yellow   need suggestion 4
Plant is turning yellow   need suggestion 5
Plant is turning yellow   need suggestion 6
M

Mikes420

Hi
It could be a few things but the plant is clearly stressed, red stems plus dying leaves. Possibly one or more .....1.Too much light 2.Overwatering 3.Incorrect PH 4.Too much nutrient 5.Nutrient lockout
Light type, make, distance? How much do you water? What and how much nutes? Do you check PH?

D

Dance_Instructor

Hi
It could be a few things but the plant is clearly stressed, red stems plus dying leaves. Possibly one or more .....1.Too much light 2.Overwatering 3.Incorrect PH 4.Too much nutrient 5.Nutrient lockout
Light type, make, distance? How much do you water? What and how much nutes? Do you check PH?

Light type: LED (ViparSpectra XS4000) - Distance: 20-28 Inch

Nutrients:
0.7-1.5-2
50% of recommended dose

Plus 2 Big Bud and 2 B52

Watering every 3-4 days, with 2 liters. The pot is 12 liters.

Ph is 6-6.5 before I water but I assume maybe the soil has different ph now.

Last edited:
M

Mikes420

Light type: LED (ViparSpectra XS000) - Distance: 20-28 Inch

Nutrients:
0.7-1.5-2
50% of recommended dose

Plus 2 Big Bud and 2 B52

Watering every 3-4 days, with 2 liters. The pot is 12 liters.

Ph is 6-6.5 before I water but I assume maybe the soil has different ph now.
I would think that they are light stressed maybe, are your LED lights on full? Try 1:3:2 at 50% nutes too.

D

Dance_Instructor

I also have other plants with this one but they look better

A336ABD1 8674 458A A13F 302019731F4C
D

Dance_Instructor

Oldguy71 might be right. I think you should be using 1:3:2 at this stage, and closer to 100%.
Im giving

0.7 - grow
1.5 - micro
2 - bloom

Its their sheet and im using 50%,

Do u mean 1:3:2 with grow micro bloom or NPK ratio?

4B7AF9C8 C9F4 490C ABC2 16D70CB670A1
M

Mikes420

Sorry, XS4000
Middle top looks overwatered to me but there are guys on here with more experience that might be better help. I'd change to NPK 1:3:2 at 90% recommended but make sure that they do need watering before you do. I'd have your light 2-3ft away and set to about 75%. Check for bugs! That's all I can offer I'm afraid, good luck!

G

gronnh20

You have an iron deficiency/lockout. This is caused by a high pH in the soil. You need to know the pH of the input. That would be your water and fertilizer mix you feed your plants. When you water, water enough to collect some runoff and then measure the runoff. If the runoff(output) is higher than the fert mix(input), then your soil pH is high. Marijuana will show iron deficiency/lockout at pH 7.2 and above. An iron deficiency will show up in the newer growth as yellow leaves with green veins. Older growth is the last part affected.

First, you need a pH meter. There is a big difference between a 6.0 and 6.5 pH reading. Ideally, your input and output pH should swing no more than +/- .3. For example, you make a fert mix and it reads 6.3 pH. You water your plants and runoff reads 6.8. This would tell you the soil pH is high. How high? 7.3pH high. The same effect works for low pH. The input is 6.3 and output is 5.9. The medium pH is a low 5.5. Most all indoor marijuana grow problems can be traced back to pH issues. You don't want huge amounts of runoff for this test. Water slowly and thoroughly to keep runoff low and well sampling of the soil. Test the runoff pH after each addition of input until soil saturation and proper soil pH is attained.

I would look for a micronutrient/soil conditioner supplement that is magnesium and IRON based. It has to have a high percentage of chelated iron. Use it at full recommended strength. You could use some Humic acid also. Horticultural molasses is a good pH down additive. Make a 5 gallon bucket of the micro nutrient/soil conditioner mix and pH the mix to 6.0. Keep using it until you get the soil runoff down to around 6.3. That should then put the soil back around 6.5. Then go back to fertilzing with the proper pH.

Top Bottom