Plant look sick af can someone help identify the issue?

• Thread starter drowsygenetics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
drowsygenetics

drowsygenetics

I know it’s nutrient burn because of the tips but why are they turning yellow and the tips were turning purple but now they’re blackish in person. I just flushed with regular tap water a few minutes ago.

Plant look sick af can someone help identify the issue
Plant look sick af can someone help identify the issue 2
Plant look sick af can someone help identify the issue 3
Plant look sick af can someone help identify the issue 4
Plant look sick af can someone help identify the issue 5
Plant look sick af can someone help identify the issue 6
Plant look sick af can someone help identify the issue 7
Plant look sick af can someone help identify the issue 8
Plant look sick af can someone help identify the issue 9
marcd455

marcd455

Need a ton more info. All the info you got, especially about your medium and feeding regimen. I can tell you right from the jump, tap water=no-no. Chloramine and/or chlorine in city water will destroy any microbiology if you are organic. Look up your city water report, they come out annually, if you have chlorine just let water sit for 24 hours with air stones running, there are other methods as well. Chloramine is much tougher to remove....we can get more into that later. First things first, give us much more info on your grow and we can go from there.

marcd455

marcd455

Another thought, plants will definitely start to color in late flower and even look like they are "dying". Most strains tend to be around 8 weeks of flower so if you are half way into week 6 you should expect to start to see a decline in leaf quality. Just realized you mentioned it's an auto though....I have minimal experience with autos.

drowsygenetics

drowsygenetics

Need a ton more info. All the info you got, especially about your medium and feeding regimen. I can tell you right from the jump, tap water=no-no. Chloramine and/or chlorine in city water will destroy any microbiology if you are organic. Look up your city water report, they come out annually, if you have chlorine just let water sit for 24 hours with air stones running, there are other methods as well. Chloramine is much tougher to remove....we can get more into that later. First things first, give us much more info on your grow and we can go from there.
I used Bruts Organing Super soil and Autoflower super soil concentrate mixed. Last time I watered I used 5ml tiger bloom and 15ml big bloom, 3ml cal mag, and less than a spoon of honey ph to 6 since the soil ph was around 7

7AC0D6C8 1F84 4964 9C2A 1861B819E2E5
5F8438E2 69BF 4FB8 B625 D8448D908FCD
4E7CDD91 24EF 498D AC4D 3F33FE043DC8
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
not much you can do now.
that bag and plant should feel almost as light as a piece of styrofoam before watering..
next grow watch your watering, don’t feed as much, back off the light a bit, get a good consistency with temp and humidity 24/7.
start your grow with your info here on the farm, so many fantastic growers here that will gladly help you out!

drowsygenetics

drowsygenetics

not much you can do now.
that bag and plant should feel almost as light as a piece of styrofoam before watering..
next grow watch your watering, don’t feed as much, back off the light a bit, get a good consistency with temp and humidity 24/7.
start your grow with your info here on the farm, so many fantastic growers here that will gladly help you out!
Appreciate it. I made a lot of mistakes for my first grow but fuck it imma take it as a learning experience. I definitely had my lights too close for a while and did too much of everything.

Moshmen

Moshmen

You need to pick a direction to go if your gonna use super soil for most autos you will add very little if Any nutes. You got a great attitude that will carry ya thru ! After ya find what works for you your gonna kill it! As Gnicks stated there’s plenty of good farmers here to help !

drowsygenetics

drowsygenetics

I got another plant growing out doors, it’s the same strain. She’s only like 1 week old and is already bigger than the one indoors. Crazy cus it’s in random soil from outside and nothing but rain water n she’s happy af. I topped her early

915AA819 F210 4F53 8BBB 42A18AE0B04C
drowsygenetics

drowsygenetics

Too much light. See it all the time with auto flowers, ppl running crazy DLI at 18 hours of light. What light and how far from canopy?
Using 20/4 3400 Watt LED I’m not sure about the distance but it’s nearly at the top of the tent, I moved it up since it was too close and burning my plants

drowsygenetics

drowsygenetics

It seems like it’s getting worse. Anything I could go to stop it from dying out?

7E11BB8C 8D91 4D4C 8FF7 D14EB8C49436
23B7862A 165B 448E 8B50 9D6DFE5B50E1
BBD79E90 6AD5 441C 85E6 B5FD3893DB20
Reklax

Reklax

Using 20/4 3400 Watt LED I’m not sure about the distance but it’s nearly at the top of the tent, I moved it up since it was too close and burning my plants
I can get an idea of dli if you tell me the true wattage of the fixture and how close it is to the canopy. It still could be too close, leds are deceivingly powerful

marcd455

marcd455

I run less wattage then that in a 10 foot by 12 foot room with 16 plants.....somethings not right. No way in hell you run 3400 watts

marcd455

marcd455

I would also suggest dropping the bottle nutes, its all up to preference but in my personal opinion dry amended supersoil with a few tea feedings is easy as can be and is very very forgiving....not to mention. The quality of product out of a good soil is unmatched. All you need is the proper attitude, which you already have, and a bit of persistence. Keep working out the kinks, it's always bumpy at the start of a new hobby. Could you possibly post a pic of your light?

marcd455

marcd455

I can get an idea of dli if you tell me the true wattage of the fixture and how close it is to the canopy. It still could be too close, leds are deceivingly powerful
Curious how you would ballpark a reading? I've side by side tested a few similar LED's of the same wattage and achieved PPFD readings with a 300 variance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom