Plant looks almost ready 4 weeks into flower

• Thread starter SteamingSticky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SteamingSticky

SteamingSticky

I've only been flowering this plant for around 4-5 weeks. However I notice some of the trichomes are already turning orange while the bud still seems like it has a couple weeks to go. I dont want a couch lock smoke, is that what I'm headed for? This is an outdoor grow.

Plant looks almost ready 4 weeks into flower
Plant looks almost ready 4 weeks into flower 2
Plant looks almost ready 4 weeks into flower 3
Plant looks almost ready 4 weeks into flower 4
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I've only been flowering this plant for around 4-5 weeks. However I notice some of the trichomes are already turning orange while the bud still seems like it has a couple weeks to go. I dont want a couch lock smoke, is that what I'm headed for? This is an outdoor grow.
Never check trichomes on the Sugar Leaf they ripen very early always check deep in on the bud itself

linde

linde

harvest before Amber if u don't want couch lock. all milky is a tastier more lively smoke. I harvest when i see the very first sign of amber. no later. degrades fast at that point.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

harvest before Amber if u don't want couch lock. all milky is a tastier more lively smoke. I harvest when i see the very first sign of amber. no later. degrades fast at that point.

In general I agree, but it also depends on the strain, the person (and possibly the couch, itself!!). A recent strain I grew would never be couch lock. 5-10% amber is about right for me.

But slightly off topic — I'd love to introduce those sugar leaves to my filter bags, @SteamingSticky.

SteamingSticky

SteamingSticky

In general I agree, but it also depends on the strain, the person (and possibly the couch, itself!!). A recent strain I grew would never be couch lock. 5-10% amber is about right for me.

But slightly off topic — I'd love to introduce those sugar leaves to my filter bags, @SteamingSticky.
I live in South Africa, you welcome to come fetch them 😅

SteamingSticky

SteamingSticky

Tha is for all the feedback guys, will post an update on harvest, should be towards end of Jan.

SteamingSticky

SteamingSticky

I

Dont mind a 20%/80% split on orange to white hairs. But nothing more than that, that's why these leaves had me worry a bit. But all sugar leaves close to bud still show clear trichs so I'll hang in there

Top Bottom