Plant Looks Down, With Picture

• Thread starter mdmazing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mdmazing

mdmazing

Hello you all!
I have a picture, can you tell me if something is wrong? The leaves on this plant are pointing down, and folded. When i noticed this, i didn't water it for one day. Nothing happened, so i continued watering with 5l max a day.
I pulled out some leaves that were turning yellow in the down part. Maybe too much leaves...
What do you think? I have seen some material on cannabis farming, but i am a total noob.
Thanks in advance
Plant looks down with picture
Plant looks down with picture 2

derkaderk

derkaderk

I think you are over watering....it also looks like your girls could use a bigger pot size.

Are you testing the ph of your water? What are you feeding?

I only water every 3 days....sometimes every other day....you need to let it dry out between waterings, otherwise the leaf dropping and yellowing will continue to progress.

Give a little,more info so others have a better idea of what you are working with.

mdmazing

mdmazing

Thanks man. I am going to stop watering until its dry. I am not testing the ph, and unfortunately its tap water. I give them a fertilizer called Biogrow, but i dont have the original container. Yeah, you are right, i should have more info. I will try to get that information.
They have some bugs too, but with the insecticide i dont think is much of a big problem. they used to have more bus in them

Colbgro

Colbgro

Put it in a bigger pot and dry it out for a bit. If your using tap water let it sit in a container for a coupl

Colbgro

Colbgro

Sorry let it sit in the container for a couple days so the chlorine can burn off. Adjusting the ph of your water is vital and its cheap and easy. Ph up and down and a ph meter. Id also clean some of her lower foliage out and lolli it and let some air circulate. She doesnt look bad man. What strain? How old?

Danky Mcnugs

Danky Mcnugs

I would be willing to bet that the roots are getting way to hot sitting on the concr3te.

soserthc1

soserthc1

No pH water , over watering and bugs that used to be a lot more
Gotta say it looks better than it should .. Don't believe the concrete is hurting you at all , I have numerous plants sitting on concrete and in your case your overwatering so hot roots are not your issue . that leaf droop is over watering but do a little reading or your destined to fail and make numerous help me threads

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Listen up.

Your plant is too big for any container that size. The container you are using is a piece of crap, and I wouldn't even grow basil in it. Your plants are water logged, but not because your over watering. It's because your plant isn't taking up any water because it is being strangled by it's roots in that small pot, and is being over heated in that plastic pot. The over heating leads to the plant not having the ability to take up nutrients, no mater how much is in the soil or how much you feed.

The fix? Transplant that plant with very high quality soil with extra EWC added. Put that plant in a 15 gallon smart pot, (or larger) and water like normal. You can keep the plant on the concrete if you want, but with a smart pot water leeches out of the bottom. So the first couple watering, make sure you water enough to also saturate the ground below the smart pot. Sit back, watch your plant turn green and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Good luck. A nice top dressing of nutes could help a week after transplant as well, with a good 1/4" to 2" of ewc top dressed as well.

Calixylon

Calixylon

I use tap water were i live, all you should do is see if you can pull up the water report, that will tell you what is going on with your water, and if they use cholrine, or additionally chloramine. If they only use chloring then just take your water and let it sit in an open container, or bubble that container as i do with a aquarium pump. This will bubble out that cholrine and help with water quality. If their is chloramine, that cant be simply bubbled out, but ive never dealt with that in my water so youd have to do some additional research if it is in your agua.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

What people are saying about ph and chlorine is important, but not your problem. Do what I said, your plants will be happy and green in 48 hours. The bugs are starting on your plant because your plant health is very low. Once you do all the things I said in the first post, the bugs will slowly go away, and after one or two more sprays will be gone. Healthy plants is the best defense against plant disease and bugs. Get that plant healthy.

For the record, chlorine will break down in organic matter. You could and should bubble it, but the top dressing of EWC will quickly take care of the chlorine in the water.

soserthc1

soserthc1

@bulldod11 how much ewc do you too dress with and at what point in flower. I was top dress a few last evening and thinking about applicable rates. I went with a half cup per 3 gal container

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I think a top dressing of ewc can be done at any time of the season. The most important time for nutrition with a cannabis plant is the transition from veg to flower. At this point, I like to add whatever top dressing my soil needs such as kelp, alfalfa, fish meal, crab meal, neem meal, all purpose dry fertilizer ext. I determine this with soil tests, or observations of deficiencies in the plants. Then on top of those top dressings, I like to add anywhere from 1/2" to 2" of ewc. With the EWC on top of the dry nutes, it really breaks down everything quickly, and you begin to see results almost right away. IF my soil is sound, and needs no nutrients, I still like to add 1/2" - 2" of EWC.

If you have a smaller plant, 1/2" is all that is needed. However if you have a large plant, in lets say a 400 gallon smart pot, 2" of ewc ends up being several bags, or around 100$. So it's all about how much you can afford. That is why I am farming my own EWC, and top dress as much as I need. Just for me to top dress 1" of EWC, it takes 3 yards of material to cover all my beds and pots.

You really can't over due the application of EWC either. I have grown plants in 60% peat and 40% EWC through flower. The main problem that occurs, EWC can make your soil more dense, and harder for water to penetrate. However, that wont happen at the rates I spoke of.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Bat guano would be an excellent top dress.

Like I stated before, I only top dress with what my plants need. This is usually determined by soil tests. If guano fits the bill, then yes, guano is a very good product that organic plants love.

mdmazing

mdmazing

I don't know if people do this, but i never thanked anyone for you advices. But i read them all!

The problem with the plant continued in a way. But i just owned 10% of the plants, so i didn't had the power to make the changes she probably needed. it happens. :) i started watering with good water, tried to let it dry, put a towel over the pot so it doesn't get hot... She had a lot of bugs, and we managed to eliminate most of them in the end.

The plant was growing, but drying/dying in a lot of spots. i started taking those nugs out. but they were still smokable :) amazing but i swear its true.

Thanks a lot :)
Old

Latest posts

Top Bottom