Plant Magic Flush

• Thread starter Shredder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shredder

I'm about to chop in 2 weeks and was wondering if Plant Magic Flush was suitable for soil as I have some left over from one of my hydro crops.

I have looked on Plant Magics website but cant see anything that says yes or no?

If Plant Magic Flush isn't suitable for soil can anyone recommend a good flush/clearing solution?

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Your growing in organic soil, right? If so, no you don't need to flush at all. Some just use plain water the last two weeks, some feed up to the chop, but few organic growers flush, it's just not needed, unless you have a build up of salts for some reason...........shredder

420medhead

just cut some myself in a TLO grow, ive always used plain water for last week or 2 but DONT "flush" them or they will be strugglin by 2 weeks just nice slow watering for a week or 2 and light not heavy with plain water you want the humidity low like 30% before you harvest so light watering for last week or two and youll be doin it

C

CT Guy

These guys are funny!

Granules available in 350g & 700gFytocell foam is 100% Bio-degradable and harmless to the environment. It is also excellent at retaining moisture with a great aeration rate.

Our Organic Growth Stimulant has been extracted from prehistoric plants and animal remains that have decomposed naturally over millions of years. As well as improved quality, flavours and aromas from flowers, fruit and vegetables an increase in yield are also achieved with this unique formula.

Is that a fancy way of saying "humic acid?" I had a guy at a tradeshow talk to me about how his stuff is from back when "dinosaurs ruled the Earth" like it was some magic ingredient. I was like, you mean "leonardite?" and he shut up really fast.... I hate when people use smoke and mirrors in their advertising.

Oh, and to the OP, if you have chemical salts, then flush. Or, you might try some humates/humic acid to chelate the salts. I think that would work as well, though I've never experimented with it, as I don't personally use any chems.

S

Shredder

This is the soil I'm using http://www.plant-magic.co.uk/products/supreme.html
I have used a couple of non organic additives, namely liquid gold and Plant Magic PK Bloom.

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to soil but I'm planning on ditching hydro as I think soil gives better results and less hassle.

I have never seen or heard of your soil, I'm curious, what does it look like? Foam chunks in the soil is new to me, are they soft or hard? Big or small?

Where I live I get resources mostly from farm stores. I amend the soil at the start, then feed mostly ewc or compost teas. I'm pretty much off bottled nutrients, for both ease of use and quality of buds. Then I have a worm bin for worm castings, and I make my own compost. Both castings and compost work well in an organic soil for both their humic content and the microbes that they harbor plus they add favorable texture to the soil, water retention, ect. If possible you may want to try it yourself, if not maybe you could source some good organic ingredients in your area......good luck.......shredder

420medhead

Im with Shredder i always mix my own soil and have not used any bottled nutes in awhile for alot of them will kill all your little workers i used to use the alaskan fish emulsion but recently found it does not carry the OMNI seal anymore so has me wondering...but im a newbie myself and have had good sucess with my own compost, recycled soil and just good old EWC teas and sunleaves bat and bird gauna with plain water and molasses in between! IDK i have been having trouble finding a couple amendments such as SRP and greensand so i know my soil could be better but its alot better than any senthetic crap i ever did and i know alot of the Senior farmers on here will help us newbies out so im just happy to be here gettin edjucated and medicated with all you whom alot of us mentor so thanks to all you worm lovin nug huggers!

S

Shredder

Good work, your plants look great! Oh, and I would just give them water the last two weeks............Shredder

S

Shredder

Do you think the foam could be packing peanuts made from soy? Shredder

S

Shredder

Cool that ^ keep us updated on your grow........shredder

420medhead

nice lookin ladies there Persion! sounds like good stuff especially if it gives the soil good airation thats what is a little tricky for some newbs including myself is achieving really good soil structure for more air eqauls better root development and more active microlife i found this out the hard way,when mixing Foxfarm ocean forest with my own compost it just wast chunky enough and didnt drain very well at all and my plants all began to lose their vigor and began to have to process its nutes on its own! they were never the same the rest of the way till harvest.

S

Shredder

nice lookin ladies there Persion! sounds like good stuff especially if it gives the soil good airation thats what is a little tricky for some newbs including myself is achieving really good soil structure for more air eqauls better root development and more active microlife i found this out the hard way,when mixing Foxfarm ocean forest with my own compost it just wast chunky enough and didnt drain very well at all and my plants all began to lose their vigor and began to have to process its nutes on its own! they were never the same the rest of the way till harvest.

There's compost and there's compost. If your compost turns to mud when wet, it is probably not too good, at least by itself. If it is fluffy, smells like the earth, swells when wet, then you can squeeze out the water and it fluffs back up, it is probably good......shredder

C

CT Guy

There's compost and there's compost. If your compost turns to mud when wet, it is probably not too good, at least by itself. If it is fluffy, smells like the earth, swells when wet, then you can squeeze out the water and it fluffs back up, it is probably good......shredder

The other things is, you can add pumice/perlite/rice hulls/vermiculite. At a 20-25% rate with your compost, you should avoid those drainage issues.

Latest posts

Top Bottom