Plant not producing trichomes, but all parameters ok

• Thread starter wdverdes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wdverdes

Hi all, I'm in the 3/4 week of flowering, buds are stating to appear fatter but 0 TRICHOMES!!

Plants got 6/7 week of veg, topped and fimmed.

4 plants in a 80x80cm SOG.

For lights I have 10x50w cob full spectrum and 3x1w white, mounted in a board with termal protection to avoid burning the plants. 15cm of distance from the canopy.

I use a 3x1 analog light/ph/moist meter and the lights appeal to be right, half the potency of the sun here.

For fert, I'm using flowermind (organic) and some sintetic fertilizer npk macro+micro to complement, no signals of overfert that I see.

But no trichomes!!!

Should I wait more?
Plant not producing trichomes but all parameters ok
Plant not producing trichomes but all parameters ok 2
Plant not producing trichomes but all parameters ok 3

Bilber

Bilber

You are on the right track.....

Even without a closer picture, there are an abundance of trichomes staring at us....

Looking good....

Keep us posted....

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Those look like the blurple lights, full spectrum is not that color

W

wdverdes

You are on the right track.....

Even without a closer picture, there are an abundance of trichomes staring at us....

Looking good....

Keep us posted....
I swear I see just pistils but 0 trichomes here, I'll wait more 2 weeks to see

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Hi all, I'm in the 3/4 week of flowering, buds are stating to appear fatter but 0 TRICHOMES!!

For lights I have 10x50w cob full spectrum and 3x1w white, mounted in a board with termal protection to avoid burning the plants. 15cm of distance from the canopy.

I use a 3x1 analog light/ph/moist meter and the lights appeal to be right, half the potency of the sun here.

For fert, I'm using flowermind (organic) and some sintetic fertilizer npk macro+micro to complement, no signals of overfert that I see.

But no trichomes!!!

Should I wait more?View attachment 2097322View attachment 2097323View attachment 2097325
it could be the strain itself i got a strain named sour 71 its trichome production was crap i got another one named sweet rebel and it was frosty asf

All this was when i was starting out growing and i didnt do a really good job but it still frosted and the other did not

W

wdverdes

it could be the strain itself i got a strain named sour 71 its trichome production was crap i got another one named sweet rebel and it was frosty asf

All this was when i was starting out growing and i didnt do a really good job but it still frosted and the other did not
I have some lemon haze and Colombian Gold but next week I'll flip some bluedreams into flowering to see the difference

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

I have some lemon haze and Colombian Gold but next week I'll flip some bluedreams into flowering to see the difference
It mostly comes down to genetics everything depends on the breeder

I also heard many stories of people buying the same strain from 2 different breeders and they turned out to be completely different

But it will come dont worry just keep doing what youre doing and keep her happy😄🤟

S

SamSquatch

But no trichomes!!!

Should I wait more?View attachment 2097322View attachment 2097323View attachment 2097325

W

wdverdes

It mostly comes down to genetics everything depends on the breeder

I also heard many stories of people buying the same strain from 2 different breeders and they turned out to be completely different

But it will come dont worry just keep doing what youre doing and keep her happy😄🤟
Thanks man! It will be my first harvest and I'm anxious...
Here I have 2 lemon haze from seeds that behave totally different, even the clones are somewhat different, I guess that's how nature works!!

W

wdverdes

Some bottom leaves in one plant are yellowing and falling, I gave it a little boost in foliar NPK spray 10 10 10 (I don't think it's a potassium problem so I used the veg fert)
Am I right?
20240111 220909

20240111 220856
20240110 211643
20240111 220905

20240111 220905
Bilber

Bilber

Hey wd......I mean no disrespect, but are you at 4 weeks flower or 4 weeks from flip....

Big difference.....

But I stand by my above post.....along with all the others.......

Top Bottom