Plant numbers, veg time and minimul space

• Thread starter FromGROtoFLO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FromGROtoFLO

Ive been doing a perpetual SCROG grow for sometime now, and I've recently switched from the CAP buckets to trays. I run 3 4x8 trays under 8 xxxl magnums. Unfortunately, height is an issue, I only have about 36-40" of grow space until I run the risk of heat damage or bud bleach. At the moment I run 7 plants a light in 3 gal smart pots with basement mix and veg for 4 weeks. I have an entire house blown up so I have the ability to harvest a scrog type grow every month. I'm considering upping my numbers from 7 plants a light to about 11, that would give me 32 a table (1 plant per sq foot) and I would then only veg for 2 weeks and be running strictly indicas. Any ideas would be great I've been throwing around numbers and veg times for awhile now.

Also, I run the GH 3 part with koolbloom and am considering going to cutting edge.

C

claudacio

I'm not 100% sure changing the plant #'s would add anymore to your yield, your still going to be working with the same amount of canopy and lights.

All I can say try it by working in the #'s of plants your thinking to your perpetual, if everything goes wrong you probably arent going to loose any yield. Thats the only way your gonna find out. Personally, I like the idea of less individual plants but it means longer veg time, but that can be prepared for, but at a higher cost of more nutes/light obviously.

If you'd like a decent read (at a not so great price) take a look at "the secrets of the west coast masters", I finally got a copy of it and I gotta say they have a pretty scientific way of getting an elbow per plant/per light/per 4x4. I havent tried it yet as I havent picked the strain to do it yet but I hope to have a plant setup and vegging at least a month before my current harvest, hopefully thats enough time to get it big enough, doubt it. But honestly the idea of 1 root zone to worry about is what I like, not to mention if leo ever busts in the door I'd only have 1 plant per light.

F

FromGROtoFLO

Personally i enjoy the low plant numbers as well, however i feel doing lower numbers while trying to hit high yields will require a HIGH yielding sativa. I've ran the widow which is more slender and short then the sour diesel i am running now. I have sour diesel in 2 rooms under 8000watts per room. The room about to finish (2-3weeks) has complete heat stress which happened before i could even dial my fans inand they are all touching glass(i vegg'd for too long). Point is I need to be growing Indicas, dominatly large yielding indicas like the GDP and just run a lot more. Its amazing how much easier it is to trim allot of GDP compared to a handful of sativas.

Just curious if people thought i could get a larger yield going from 7 sativas a light in 3 gal pot, veg'd for 4 weeks, to 13 indicas per light and veg for 2-3 weeks.

Top Bottom