Plant problems after preventive application of Greencure...

• Thread starter A20Grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

A20Grower

I searched for threads related to problems after using Greencure as a preventive, prior to onset of PM, and didn't see any threads.

I'm a fairly new grower, I don't have experience with using this product before.

I'm growing in hydro, 5 gallon buckets, DWC. 6" net pots with hydroton. Lush, green growth so far. PPM's are about 800, plants are in veg. Humidity has been rising to and above 40%. I've been told an ounce of prevention...

I sprayed greencure at less than half strength on all plant surfaces, right at lights out. Left the fans on. The next morning nearly all leaf edges, new growth and old, top of the plant and bottom were yellow/rusted. The tips of the new growth seems dry and brittle. Other than the leaf tips, the plants seem healthy.

I changed the nutrient solution that day, and I didn't ph it on the way down the drain. One cause I've thought might be that the high ph solution got into the water and caused some burn. I wouldn't think that much solution could leach down through the hydroton and into the nutrients and affect the ph of 4 gallons of nutes. I didn't change the ppm's this week so I know that isn't the cause.

Should I do nothing and hope for the best? Should I use a product like Advanced Nutrients Revive as a foliar spray? Would some other foliar spray work to reverse this problem? I have a couple of pictures that I'll try to upload.

Plant problems after preventive application of greencure
Plant problems after preventive application of greencure 2
Dollar

Dollar

I`m DWC also and had the same problem after using Greencure at the recommended dosage. My plants looked exactly like yours with the burnt edges. Two weeks later and you`d never know anything happened, plants look great. Now I use at half strength and no problems. I would cut it back to quarter maybe.

Scrappy-doo

Scrappy-doo

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah man greencure can burn your plants a lil bit. I sprayed some outdoor girls this past summer to prevent bud rot and it turned lots of my pistols brown instantly. My leafs didn't do that though.

You should def change your nute solution just in case that's your problem. I've had that kind of leaf damage from a bad nute mix before. Better safe than sorry.

I don't think there's much you can do about the damage just find and manage the cause. I'd try out the greencure on a test plant before using it again, but from my experience with it, it shouldn't burn like that, unless you're using a heavy dose.

I

ir0nLung

i used greencure a couple of times and had nothing but problems with it. your plants will bounce back. i'd invest in a sulfur burner, i did and i've never seen powdery mildew in any of my rooms again.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Yep. You burnt your plants. Done it a hundred times. I only use that stuff at 1/4 dose if that. Never during veg unless I need to (visible pm). I spray my plants at 3 weeks then at 5 weeks in flower. Like I said, super light dose. Havent seen pm in years (Knock on wood). If your using enough greencure to burn your plants like that, I suggest looking for alternative treatments.

A

A20Grower

All good points. I would say at this point that I likely over-applied. I should have thought to dilute even more since I was only using it as a preventive. Or I can just wait and spot spray when I find it.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Top Bottom