Plant problems not sure whats going on (pics)

• Thread starter HydroRacer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HydroRacer

Well not to sure whats going on with my plants. Went out of town for a couple days a came back to some weird looking leafs and almost dead looking plants.. Any help is appreciated! Thanks guys

Plant problems not sure whats going on pics
Plant problems not sure whats going on pics 2
Plant problems not sure whats going on pics 3
Legion

Legion

I guess, the place to start is with what you've been doing or where you're at.

Hydro or soil

Nutes? Kind and mix you use.

Checking pH? if so what's going on?

The hard part is that there are several ways to get that but unless we know how you got there it's hard to tell you how to get back. lol KWIM?

MG is suspect but that's thrown around a lot. Let me know what you're running and in what and at what strength. There might be something you're missing.

Good luck,

L

C

Cereall

judging by a picture you have, they are already into flower and flourishing

I would imagine that is significant nute burn? did you change res before you left town and maybe added too much nutrients?

pH in order?

check your roots... smell ok? not getting root rot ?

I recommend a few foliar feedings and back the lights off a little and try to let plants recover.

I would give a full flush of pure water and go from there

H

HydroRacer

Hey guys thanks for the responses. I am using the Cutting edge nuets and have not had ANY problems up until now. (6 weeks in) The system in hydro, ph has been spot on. My neighbor was helping me out while I was gone and he swears everything was fine. The roots dont smell at all, no root rot. I raised the lights up as soon as I got back. The odd part is that its only happening to 4-5 of the 20 plants. They are different strains but Ive had these 2 strains for a couple years now and haven't seen this.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

looks like nute burn
either from ppms being way to high or from nutes getting sprayed right on the leaves

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It's that last overall shot that really tells the story, and those ladies look terribly overfertilized to me (and maybe heat stressed).

Necrosis from leaf tips back, along with reddened petioles tells me there's a problem with phosphorous uptake. Deficiency or toxicity I don't know, but right now I'm leaning toward a toxicity based on that last photo.

Magnesium problem, based on the upturned leaves and interveinal chlorosis. If Mg is off, that could throw Ca utilization off.

Just saying that everything is "spot on" isn't very helpful to those you're asking to help. Actual logged parameters are what can help others help you. Have you used the Cutting Edge line before this, or is it your first time with them? I've never used them and so can't help answer questions specific to that line, but you said you've run a couple of these lines for a little while now and haven't ever seen anything like this.

Last, but hardly least, and this is based on the one leaf that's still green but quite crispy and obviously not coming back--any flying bugs? Anything in the roots crawling around? I have bugs in my eyes.

H

HydroRacer

I appologize for my vague responses. I've never been part of a forum before so this is new to me.

I have never run cutting edge before this is my first run. By spot on I mean that the ph has been stable and between 5.5 and 6. The first 5 weeks went great plants looked awesome, no signs of stress or Nuet burn. Also the system is a dwc and all the buckets are geting the same nuets and ph. It's only happening to 4-5 of the 20. I think the lights were way to close when I got back intown so I raised them right away but i can imagine that it did that much damage. So back off the nuets and do a good flush? Any help is appreciated and again I appoligze for my post not being spacific. Thanks guys!

H

HydroRacer

I have not seen any bugs anywhere nothing flying,crawling or swimming. Roots look great and checked the leafs and didn't see anything

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Are the affected plants different strains? That is to say, are they different from the plants that are showing no issues?

No worries, you're perfectly readable, just a little light on the info. We'll get it out of you yet, even if it requires the... never mind. You're doing just fine.

:stonedsmilie:

H

HydroRacer

Are the affected plants different strains? That is to say, are they different from the plants that are showing no issues?

No worries, you're perfectly readable, just a little light on the info. We'll get it out of you yet, even if it requires the... never mind. You're doing just fine.

:stonedsmilie:

The plants that are being affected are the same strain as in different from the ones that are not showing an issues ;) BUT I have 10 of that strain that's being affected and only 5 of them are showing these serious signs of something.. Here is a picture of the setup.

IMG 1653
Top Bottom