Plant too close to the light running out of ideas.

• Thread starter GardenWeasel77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

The light is already as high as it will go.

I've already removed the pot elevator from this one plant and I just supercropped it this morning.

Even still it is just too close to the light. I don't know what to do as there is not enough room for the top cola to grow it is already too close to the light.

What should I do

Plant too close to the light running out of ideas
Plant too close to the light running out of ideas 2
TheMidgetTickler

TheMidgetTickler

Tilt the pot then support the plant so the plant angles away from the bulb. It'll give you some inches & the plant will adjust.

Could also try bending stem at lower point then tying plant to itself like a bow. Gentle & gradual bends always at least 2 hours after a good watering when the stem is more pliable

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

You can break the tops down. Allow more light to the other arms. Or you could get a couple milk crates and use them the lay those plants at a 45 degree angle. Make them grow sideways.
When you say "break the tops down" can you elaborate on what you mean by that.

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

Tilt the pot then support the plant so the plant angles away from the bulb. It'll give you some inches & the plant will adjust.

Could also try bending stem at lower point then tying plant to itself like a bow. Gentle & gradual bends always at least 2 hours after a good watering when the stem is more pliable
Okay thank you.

Ponky

Ponky

When you say "break the tops down" can you elaborate on what you mean by that.
Just snap it. The extra light to the rest of the plant will more than make up for it. Top will probably grow anyway. Don't snap it off. Just bend it over out of the way. Or ignore it. Let it light burn. Just don't neglect those other arms. They matter more than the crown now.

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

Just snap it. The extra light to the rest of the plant will more than make up for it. Top will probably grow anyway. Don't snap it off. Just bend it over out of the way. Or ignore it. Let it light burn. Just don't neglect those other arms. They matter more than the crown now.
Like this, or more?

IMG 20211006 143709
GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

Also I realized that my plants have been getting around 140k lux for the last week.

I turned the light down but my buds look really small for week 4 imo.

What do you all think?

Ponky

Ponky

Screenshot 20211006 125211 Chrome
This part of the plant is where the ideal light spectrum should be distributed. Have it at the ideal distance to focus all its power on this range without being too close. About 20 to 24" or so from the top of the red box. if those are powerful lights. Anything below that is a waste of time and you could trim it off if you choose. Inside the red box is where I'd expect all the weight to come from. So get that top at or below that level if you can.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

And tie it close to the end of the branch, not near the break. The plant has a remarkable ability to straighten back up in several ways.

BTW, I remember the Garden Weasel from Ronco commercials. I was likely high on Colombian back then when I saw it.

Top Bottom