Plants are looking sad please help.

• Thread starter DoobieBro462
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

Hello I am on my second grow in coco and I am having some problems. This is second grow in coco. I am using DynaGro ProTekt, Grow and bloom for later along with Bloom City Cal mag.I am having a hell of a time with the ph of my medium. It keeps drifting to 6.8 every few days and the available nutrients are not being taken up by the roots. The ppm of my runnoff was 2000 ppm when I was only feeding 450 ppm. I just did a flush and i got the ph down to 6.3 the ppm was 357 after the flush. First I would mix the ProTekt silica and then wait atleast 30 minutes before adding 1/2 dose of Cal mag and and 1/2 dose DynaGro Grow.
I am growing in a 4x4 tent with an HLG 600Rspec Light, Ac infinity smart exhaust with controller. I am using RO/DI water .
Temperature has been ar 70-79 degrees and the rh is always between 50-60 percent.
Plants are looking sad please help

Last edited:
DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

Also I didn't wash and buffer my coco. I had the same kind of problems last grow. But at the time I didn't know any better. Now I know that Canna Coco bagged coco should not have a ppm of 700 right out of the bag,? So I will be washing and buffering some CharCoir tomorrow morning. And I will start some new beans in rapid rooters then transplant to a larger pot when they get roots... I will figure this shit out ..

chemistry

chemistry

Feed the plant 350ppm of veg nuits, twice a day, 12 hours apart, 18/.5 light, and your plant/plants may return, stem looks a bit yellow, so you may struggle. Give it a week and see how you go. Failing that, start a grow diary for your next run and let the fine people of the Farm guide you along if you get struck. 👍

Y

yobbocrack

Hello I am on my second grow in coco and I am having some problems.
i'm always learning and your pot looks a bit too large for your seedling its leaf color should stay the same after sprouting compared to where it is now i would try to get more practice if you got spare seeds.

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

Yea I started them in their final pot. I didn't want to have to transplant them and stunt them that way. But I am learning to take the lesser of 2 evils. I am going to be starting in rapid rooter plugs for now on. Then transplant those into coco or some DWC . I am planning on building a 4 bucket system very soon..

chemistry

chemistry

Feed the plant 350ppm of veg nuits, twice a day, 12 hours apart, 18/.5 light, and your plant/plants may return, stem looks a bit yellow, so you may struggle. Give it a week and see how you go. Failing that, start a grow diary for your next run and let the fine people of the Farm guide you along if you get struck. 👍

Sorry, meant 18/6 light schedule. 👍

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey brother, in that size pot with that sized plant you probably need to increase the amount of run off more than increase frequency at this stage.

But the one thing that popped into my mind is drop the potassium silicate for now and see if that helps. I know its used as a buffer for PH but i feel like it’s building uo in your media and raising PH drastically.

just a thought to try and get to thw root cause. This would not be an issue with more frequent feedings. Im sure this is the culprit but there are more than one way to fix it. For now cut it out and see if that starts to correct the issue over the bext week.

The other option is a big flush WITH nutrients and WITHOUT silicate

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

Hey brother, in that size pot with that sized plant you probably need to increase the amount of run off more than increase frequency at this stage.

But the one thing that popped into my mind is drop the potassium silicate for now and see if that helps. I know its used as a buffer for PH but i feel like it’s building uo in your media and raising PH drastically.

just a thought to try and get to thw root cause. This would not be an issue with more frequent feedings. Im sure this is the culprit but there are more than one way to fix it. For now cut it out and see if that starts to correct the issue over the bext week.

The other option is a big flush WITH nutrients and WITHOUT silicate
Yea stopped the protekt. They are starting to look a little better. I figured that's what it was. I also flushed 2 without the protekt(silicate)

Latest posts

Top Bottom