Plants are too tall - can I bend tops?

• Thread starter VapeIt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

VapeIt

Some of my plants got to tall for my room before I could put them into flower mode.
They have been on 12/12 for 1 week now.
The trouble ones are @ 5' tall now.
I am in 5g pots with Coco/Perlite.

Can I squeeze the stalk @ 6-8" down and bend it?
Will that stop it from flowering?

Thanks.

southstreets

southstreets

yes you can bend'em and no it wont stop'em from flowering..

V

VapeIt

I have a sealed room with air cooled lights.
I have Co2 and keep the room @ 80 during lights on.
75-80 with lights off.

Is that good? Can I go higher with Co2?

Thanks.

T

th3b12ain

Just be careful I pinched the laid down my plants that were 5 ft. tall and the stressed out and hermed on me @ week 1 in flower.

devious d

devious d

i bend mine over regular when they stretch to much, i have limited space i use BENDZ now much easier as i snapped the odd one, i just had a northern x cheese every lead bud pointed downwards, if your heavy handed duct tape the bend for strength, sounds ghetto style but it works.

P

PuFFnNugg

Can you just top them, If your only 1 wk in flower they should do good.

V

VapeIt

Puff,
4 of the tallest ones, I cut on day 1 of 12/12.
I just cut the top 6-8" off those.

I thought a week into 12/12 may be too late to be cutting tops off? Bending over will get me by this round.

Thanks.

j wizzle

j wizzle

Just be careful I pinched the laid down my plants that were 5 ft. tall and the stressed out and hermed on me @ week 1 in flower.

your plants didnt herm because you bent them. something else caused that to happen.

of course you can bend your tops, i do it all the time during stretch to even out my canopy...

G

Green Supreme

Yes a CO2 supplemented room can take higher temps and more food. Up to 85 degrees is ok for lights on with CO2. Bending is no problem, I do it all the time. Good luck. Peace GS

Top Bottom