Plants are yellowing in veg week 9 help!!

• Thread starter Neezyweezy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

Hi all first grow. Second cycle 10 week strain and these girls are starting to yellow for few weeks now. Just discovered this forum please help!is it light burn or hungry? Cause they are at 750 ppm and they dry out every other day.

Ones in middle seems to be affected most.
My light is bloom BP 4000. And i was at 18” like by company instructions hut seemd to hot .

Can somone who is using something similar help me out? I got scared cause light burn so i backed off to 29”

and i know theyre rootbound as well but i have to wait another 6 to 7 weeks before i can out them in bigger pots. They are in 3 gallons now.

hope yall understand my post im stressing!
Appreciate any responses-
Plants are yellowing in veg week 9 help

Plants are yellowing in veg week 9 help 2
Plants are yellowing in veg week 9 help 3
Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

This is the light

I was using maxisun pb 3000 at 18” and they worked beautifully . But this new one is like double the power or size? The wattage and hos equivalent numbers confuse me i dont know how high or far inshouod be

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Carbon filter your water for now, it will boost the pH.
They look hungry. Get your pH balanced and they should liven up.

Madbud

Madbud

I see some overwatering droop, buckets don’t dry very quickly. I would wait a few more days, see if you can get a little wilt before watering again.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
In my experience, rarely does the runoff pH of ProMix match the actual pH of the medium. What type of water and fertilizers are you using? I find ProMix can go acidic but it takes a long time. 8 weeks doesnt sound right.

Get a good soil pH pen if you're gonna grow in ProMix!

DavidMykel

DavidMykel

Gaia green blood meal, amazon will probably be there by the 9th probably, but until then look up nitrogen enhancers around the house for marijuana,

Screenshot 20210628 204557 Amazon Shopping
jguit

jguit

Supporter
That's very true in hydro, but it still helps in the meantime to protect the plants.
If it's truly a pH problem, which i'm not convinced, the pH of the water wont help much and probably not at all.

Unless the OP was grossly misusing his fertilizer or somehow got a bad bale of ProMix, it's unlikely the pH is THAT far off after 8 weeks. Not saying that isn't possible though. I just haven't seen it personally, especially during veg. A proper soil pH meter is very helpful. No guessing involved.

In my current grow, my ladies are 7 weeks into flower and vegged for 3 weeks and the pH of my Promix is around 5.6 1 day after feeding. This rises to about 5.8 2 days later. I consider that low and adjust the fertilizer i use to correct this. In about 2 - 3 feedings, I'll get the medium back to 5.8 with a swing to around 6 / 6.1 ish.

Last edited:
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

They have a PAR map at 18 inches its too hot in the center area and gets weak on the outside. Figure out how to get around maybe 600 in the center for awhile then move it up to maybe 900 when you get into bloom . Hard to do without a par meter but maybe ask the seller how to set it up with height and dimming. Seedlings go somewhere between 250-400, if the 250 has them looking stretchy turn it up. Veg 500-600 ish then somewhere in the 700-800-900 for bloom. Anything over that is wasted if you don't feed CO2. Some people say you can get a LUX app for your phone then do a calculation conversion to PAR for an approximation. Maybe the PH is a problem, Rosenthal has Fe,Mn, and Mo as the lacking nutrients for yellow leaves Pale green leaves are from low N & Mo. If your nutes have that stuff in it then it could be the PH.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
First, I would want an idea of runoff like was stated above, but it's a difficult choice IMO. They do look droopy, so that's a difficult call, but I think there not very well engaged at the moment, and that's probably part of that, it could certainly be too much moisture, I'm not exactly sure about that part.. Follow your instincts.

Overally, Looks like simple nitrogen deficiency to me, from where I stand. Are you completely saturating the bags during the watering? It's easy to get dry spots, and still get runoff. I make sure to saturate very carefully these days....

If your looking for a nitrogen bump, I would consider ammonia, maybe a little epsom salts, and something to balance it (baking soda would work) if you've got it sitting around. Make yourself a foliar spray, and green them up more.

Don't overdo the ammonia, you can burn them. So go easy.

Say around 1TBSP of Mag Sulfate
1/2 to 1 tsp of ammonia (unscented)
Maybe 1 tsp of NaHCO₃

Mix in a gallon jug, then spray. Would be helpful to check pH. As a foliar, I would keep it a bit on the alkaline side, or possibly right at 7 or so.

Nutrient Availability Scale
Last edited:
Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

In my experience, rarely does the runoff pH of ProMix match the actual pH of the medium. What type of water and fertilizers are you using? I find ProMix can go acidic but it takes a long time. 8 weeks doesnt sound right.

Get a good soil pH pen if you're gonna grow in ProMix!
They have been in veg for almost 3 months in 3 gallons. Cause i didnt plant right for my perpetual and im waiting for the flower room to finish in another 6 weeks!!!

what else can i do to prolong them besides transplanting. Sigh no space to yet.

im feeding them general hydroponics 3 part and some additives from gh and recharge. Ppm has been at 750 no burn.

i will try letting them dry out as someone mentioned. But im almost positive the oh buffers not working nomore.

Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

I will feed tmr and check runoff . Thanks so much guys for replies gives me some more hope!

Top Bottom