Plants are yellowing in veg week 9 help!!

• Thread starter Neezyweezy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rawkn

Rawkn

I agree with frankster. Within 1 second my first thought was it just needs a little nitrogen. Of course a ph problem could cause the yellowing, low nitrogen is the most common cause. They don't look sick yet, just very light in color. A reasonably high N fertilizer may help it. If you're worried that may hurt it, liquid fish fertilizer is a great fast acting, gentle release of nitrogen. Alfalfa is also great, but it'd take a week or more for the N to be released in any useful amounts.
Definitely looks like they need N to me.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
They have been in veg for almost 3 months in 3 gallons. Cause i didnt plant right for my perpetual and im waiting for the flower room to finish in another 6 weeks!!!

what else can i do to prolong them besides transplanting. Sigh no space to yet.

im feeding them general hydroponics 3 part and some additives from gh and recharge. Ppm has been at 750 no burn.

i will try letting them dry out as someone mentioned. But im almost positive the oh buffers not working nomore.
As everyone else mentioned, they look hungry. Hard to say 'why' without knowing other variables. It could simply be they just need more food!

I wouldn't chase a pH problem until you actually know it's a pH problem. You can do more harm than good. A good soil pH meter would remove all the guessing. Measuring your run off pH can be misleading. For instance, for the fun of it, I tested my run off this morning. The pH of my fertilizer solution was 6.4, the pH of my runoff was 5.4 and the pH of the ProMix was 5.8. (tomorrow the ProMix pH will go up .1 and the next day another .1 or so which is what i expect and want). If i was making decisions based on my run off alone, it'd be a mistake.

Are you using RO? Tap? Any reason for the additional additives? Recharge? With a good balanced fertilizer you shouldn't need all the extra stuff. It needlessly complicates things. At least that's been my experience. I'm sure everyone has their own opinion on this.

If your fertilizer and water source is proper, there's a good chance you wouldn't have to worry about the pH of your ProMix. Otherwise, you'll have to figure out how to maintain the medium's pH.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Here's another great read. When I first started growing with ProMix, I ran into all sorts of odd issues simply from following advice on grow forums. I went right to the source and had excellent correspondence with the folks from PT Horticulture who explained everything clearly and concisely. The two articles I posted in this thread really sum things up nicely. You really need to understand your source water and what your fertilizers effect is on the growing medium (in conjuction with your source water, of course).

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

To slow down your plants in veg mode, reduce the amount of light and keep it on a veg schedule of 18/6 or 20/4 for autos.
A dimmer light will slow the plant down, but you still need to give it light to keep it in veg.
If you have a dimmable light, set it at 50%, if not, raise it 10 inches.
You just need enough to keep it in veg.

Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

In my experience, rarely does the runoff pH of ProMix match the actual pH of the medium. What type of water and fertilizers are you using? I find ProMix can go acidic but it takes a long time. 8 weeks doesnt sound right.

Get a good soil pH pen if you're gonna grow in ProMix!
Im at at like 12 weeks actually sorry i wrote wrong earlier

Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

As everyone else mentioned, they look hungry. Hard to say 'why' without knowing other variables. It could simply be they just need more food!

I wouldn't chase a pH problem until you actually know it's a pH problem. You can do more harm than good. A good soil pH meter would remove all the guessing. Measuring your run off pH can be misleading. For instance, for the fun of it, I tested my run off this morning. The pH of my fertilizer solution was 6.4, the pH of my runoff was 5.4 and the pH of the ProMix was 5.8. (tomorrow the ProMix pH will go up .1 and the next day another .1 or so which is what i expect and want). If i was making decisions based on my run off alone, it'd be a mistake.

Are you using RO? Tap? Any reason for the additional additives? Recharge? With a good balanced fertilizer you shouldn't need all the extra stuff. It needlessly complicates things. At least that's been my experience. I'm sure everyone has their own opinion on this.

If your fertilizer and water source is proper, there's a good chance you wouldn't have to worry about the pH of your ProMix. Otherwise, you'll have to figure out how to maintain the medium's pH.
Im using this

10BB0019 4D0D 454C A49C BCDAB4C17F97
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i could be wrong but i always wonder why people ph etc when using promix hp, i use the same and i’ve never ph ppm ec don’t have a clue what’s in my tap water etc, you don’t need to and you don’t need run off. there is ph buffers in there and it keeps it between 5-7.

Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

I will take a pic of the roots tomorrow so you guys can maybe get more of an idea.

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Tap is at 6.8 but i ph it to 5.8 and thats my number
180ppm
Is 180 a good number? I don't often test my mix but I could be 600 all the way up by 1200. My tap water is 80. Then I would have to add PH UP because it was so acid like from the nutes and the PH UP adds to the parts per million also. Once it came out 1500 ppm So I dumped in a extra gallon of water. I don't think the plants ever had a hard time with it.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Runoff tests tell you nothing about the mediums pH. You’re just guessing until you test your medium with a soil pH meter. Read those articles I posted earlier in the thread. They’re very enlightening and tell you almost everything you need to know when using ProMix.

Last edited:
jguit

jguit

Supporter
Speaking of runoff.. Forget about pH for a second, have you checked the EC/ppm's of your runoff? I was looking through some notes from previous grows and early on I had an issue w/ yellowing leaves. Turned out the EC of my runoff was around 3.7 EC! I was over fertilizing just a little bit! haha

Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

Hope you guys can get a clearer picture of whats going on :(

my problem is i cant do anything until i harvest my first crop its only in like week 4 flower
sigh

im pretty sure all these problems are time related and they dont like it. I have some runts of the group and theyre looking way better right now .

FEBF3B9D 1672 4A86 A9C4 7E9F4823BF83
8552D7E2 4961 4DF5 8276 E1964653A7C4
CE0CB053 B04B 4E25 BA3C 7C0471EE8A04
DA987D90 F81A 4C52 AF85 FA684B1C4BA4
4486E608 086E 4F91 81AC 300341B669CA
D061A757 DF93 4C72 A013 D18323E2E96A
D866D8E3 8CAA 4954 A67D 118896276D70
A1219AB0 AC08 4375 A9F9 05FA7CC48FB7
B3B35880 2039 4290 9C41 4D3F6B2BCF50
Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

So should i double feed feed water?
My run off was 700 ppm same as going in on one of the bad ones

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
they need to be transplanted, some of those are root bound and strangling your plant of oxygen, even some browning, image what it looks like in the center, the one doesn’t have much of a rootball, probably from overwatering.
your main issues is from bad watering practices..
is that floor cold? pots should be on something for airflow underneath..
transplant into new promix, don’t be mucking around with the ph etc, no runoff, feed lightly and only water when needed..
i use promix and barely feed them with each watering, if i have problems it was caused by me, not the promix.
promix is like the easiest medium to grow in because you don’t need to do anything.
you want to be doing something everyday with your plants than grow in hydro,,

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

What size plant pots are those? They look very small, maybe 1.5 gal.? Under a light that big and the area you have there I would be using at least a 5 gallon pot, or a 7 gal. fabric pot. Are all your plants the same strain? Keep in mind that different strains have different shades of green, I have had many strains that look just like your first pic with new growth appearing more yellow than green.

Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

What size plant pots are those? They look very small, maybe 1.5 gal.? Under a light that big and the area you have there I would be using at least a 5 gallon pot, or a 7 gal. fabric pot. Are all your plants the same strain? Keep in mind that different strains have different shades of green, I have had many strains that look just like your first pic with new growth appearing more yellow than green.
3 gallon. I know I’m going to transplant to a 7 gallons soon!! I think this is my main problem as well.

Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

Yes there is 4 strains of various kushes

Top Bottom