Plants continue to yellow. Need help

• Thread starter Tadpole98
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tadpole98

Tadpole98

I have very high ph soil so to counter that been using really acidic water the color the plants are showing me it looks like a nutrient deficiency. What can I do to fix this? Will the really acidic water counter the high ph soil?

Plants continue to yellow need help
Plants continue to yellow need help 2
Plants continue to yellow need help 3
Plants continue to yellow need help 4
Tadpole98

Tadpole98

nothing to do with nutrients yet.
answer the above question from @lvstealth too.,
if anything it’s watering.
One of them is a fox farm blend. The other three are just a mix of coco coir perlite moss peat bat guano and a little bedding soil

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
well you should of have them all in the same medium.,
the one in fox farm won’t need any food for a while.
how much coco in the other three? did you make it?

Tadpole98

Tadpole98

well you should of have them all in the same medium.,
the one in fox farm won’t need any food for a while.
how much coco in the other three? did you make it?
It wasn’t planned to have different medium.. 1/3 is coco I would say, and yes

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
It wasn’t planned to have different medium.. 1/3 is coco I would say, and yes
ok the coco stuff i may not be the best for advice.
soil or soilless like a promix i’m best at.
your soil should automatically ph everything for you as long as you don’t screw it up or if you use synthetic nutrients you will have to ph.
your other coco mix will need to be ph..

Tadpole98

Tadpole98

your soil should automatically ph everything for you as long as you don’t screw it up or if you use synthetic nutrients you will have to ph.
So just keep doing what I’ve been doing with very acidic water? Or should I take another course of action I definitely wanna make what I have already work out, but I also don’t want to continue you to put in time and resource for a lost cause

Tadpole98

Tadpole98

I do use the fox farm synthetic nutrients

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
the coco needs watered totally differently from the soil. they will require totally different feeding too. the soil has some stuff, the coco has zero. you want soil to wet then dry not coco, in coco you dont want it to dry. you have to feed daily and flush and ph and fret over the coco, the soil will feed less frequently and different considerations.

when you say your soil is too high, how did you measure it? if it is the ff, it is between 6.3 and 6.8. so whatever you use will be buffered to the right thing. the coco, it is whatever you put in it, if it is wrong flush it. i dont know much on coco, but there is a thread on it by aqua man you should read, i think it is called watering coco for best results, ill look when i get home and try to remember to link it.

good luck.

Tadpole98

Tadpole98

the coco needs watered totally differently from the soil. they will require totally different feeding too. the soil has some stuff, the coco has zero. you want soil to wet then dry not coco, in coco you dont want it to dry. you have to feed daily and flush and ph and fret over the coco, the soil will feed less frequently and different considerations.

when you say your soil is too high, how did you measure it? if it is the ff, it is between 6.3 and 6.8. so whatever you use will be buffered to the right thing. the coco, it is whatever you put in it, if it is wrong flush it. i dont know much on coco, but there is a thread on it by aqua man you should read, i think it is called watering coco for best results, ill look when i get home and try to remember to link it.

good luck.
i think the ff was a high 7 the coco was almost a 8. Just with a ph meter

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
you will have to delve into coco, it is nothing like soil. but the ff is fine, it is built with a buffer that handles to pH.

i grow soil so i dont even look at pH. i did get a local water report, but that is as far as i went with water. i use tap that sits out for a day... most of the time, but sometimes just tap water.

pH a basic explanation
how to water coco for best results

Last edited:
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I wouldn’t trust one of those cheap meters to give you an accurate reading for PH. I don’t. Just use mine for moisture. I think your seedlings Look pretty good.

Tadpole98

Tadpole98

you will have to delve into coco, it is nothing like soil. but the ff is fine, it is built with a buffer that handles to pH.

i grow soil so i dont even look at pH. i did get a local water report, but that is as far as i went with water. i use tap that sits out for a day... most of the time, but sometimes just tap water.

pH a basic explanation
how to water coco for best results
Actually one more thing what soil you recommend for my next go

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

That growing media you're using in the three sure seems to have a lot of wood/bark in it. Uncomposted wood products can tie up nitrogen as the microbes in there will suck up all the available nitrogen working to decompose the wood. Something to watch out for.

Top Bottom