Plants drooping after a week of rain.

• Thread starter BDH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BDH420

BDH420

I'm a little concerned. My plants don't seem happy today. They usually are all perky and praying to the sky. But today they look sad. Is there anything I can do to make them happy again. I was going to top dress with some Coast of Maine Lobster Compost. I haven't really fed them much of anything yet. They have seemed to be doing fine on just what's in the soil. I hate seeing my babies like this. We have had so much rain its been nuts. I brought them in towards the end of the week just to get them out of rain. The first one in the dark yellow bucket is doing good.

Plants drooping after a week of rain 3

Plants drooping after a week of rain

Plants drooping after a week of rain 2

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Ditch the buckets and go with bags. It will solve most of your concerns.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

In the meantime drill the hell out of the sides on your buckets. A lot of holes especially near the bottom.

1989cheeseSOG

1989cheeseSOG

the morning are they like this too ?
i dont see overwatering symptoms

BDH420

BDH420

If you look towards the bottom I already started doing that. Looks like I will carefully have to drill around the whole bucket. Thank you.

BDH420

BDH420

@1989cheeseSOG
They have looked like this since at least 10:30 am when i woke up.

Last edited:
Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Brother, you can’t drill too many holes. Not only allows faster drainage it helps aerate the root zone. I used a 3/8” bit no less. Smaller holes are more easily blocked.

BDH420

BDH420

Brother, you can’t drill too many holes. Not only allows faster drainage it helps aerate the root zone. I used a 3/8” bit no less. Smaller holes are more easily blocked.
Perfect I used a 3/8ths for the bottom. I'll drill a bunch more holes today. It's probably to damp and hot in the buckets today. Next year fabric pots all the way. 👍

Top Bottom