Plants drooping badly after switching to 12/12

• Thread starter bluedabadee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bluedabadee

bluedabadee

Hello. This is my first time growing. I completed the veg stage on day 32 without any problems then left the plants in dark for 36 hours. They were still looking healthy at the end of 36 hours but right after I change the lamp to HPS and start 12/12, the plants started drooping pretty badly as seen in the pic. I don't think it's an overwatering issue as it just happened so quickly. I still watered one of the blue dreams (50-100ml) to see if there will be any change but no change so far. (it's been 3 hours since I put the lights on)

I have 4 plants (2 blue dreams + white widow and og kush) and they are also experiencing the same problem. Blue dreams more drooping because of their length I assume. Is this a normal transition?

I have 40-50 percent humidity levels and about 30-32 celcius (85-90fahrenheit) degrees when the lights are on. The distance of light to plants are about half a meter.

Thank you!

Plants drooping badly after switching to 1212
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
from the picture, looks like she needs a watering! soil from picture looks dry!!
putting her in the dark for 36 hrs is fine, it helps her convert to the flowering stage quicker, without getting scientific, haha..
how big is that pot?
once she’s better might want to transplant her.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
from the picture, looks like she needs a watering! soil from picture looks dry!!
putting her in the dark for 36 hrs is fine, it helps her convert to the flowering stage quicker, without getting scientific, haha..
how big is that pot?
also get the heat down to 75 ish.

bluedabadee

bluedabadee

how big is that pot?
also get the heat down to 75 ish.

Thanks for your reply!

I watered one of the blue dreams and it just perked up for a few hours but now they are drooping again. Does this mean I should water again, maybe another 200ml or so? I thought my watering schedule was fine but what do you think has happened after I switch to 12/12 with HPS? More heat coming from light? I actually watered all of my plants yesterday but do you think the water need has increased considerably after 16/8? Just too little time to observe though and I don't want to cause anything bad..

Pots are about 5 gallon each. My growing tent is a bit small and it can handle 4 plants in 5 gallon pots. I live in a hot climate area so it's not easy for me to bring the heat down to 75. There is a carbon filter and a fan but tent doesnt have enough space and not very solid so I don't want to risk putting another fan. Besides, noise is a problem as I live in an apartment building.

Growing is the reason I wake up happy every day and it hurts when I see them like this. I'm not experienced at all and still learning but glad to see them perk up right after I water them.

What are your suggestions please? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

Thanks for your reply!

I watered one of the blue dreams and it just perked up for a few hours but now they are drooping again. Does this mean I should water again, maybe another 200ml or so? I thought my watering schedule was fine but what do you think has happened after I switch to 12/12 with HPS? More heat coming from light? I actually watered all of my plants yesterday but do you think the water need has increased considerably after 16/8? Just too little time to observe though and I don't want to cause anything bad..

Pots are about 5 gallon each. My growing tent is a bit small and it can handle 4 plants in 5 gallon pots. I live in a hot climate area so it's not easy for me to bring the heat down to 75. There is a carbon filter and a fan but tent doesnt have enough space and not very solid so I don't want to risk putting another fan. Besides, noise is a problem as I live in an apartment building.

Growing is the reason I wake up happy every day and it hurts when I see them like this. I'm not experienced at all and still learning but glad to see them perk up right after I water them.

What are your suggestions please? Thanks in advance!
My 5gal pots take 6-7 liters. Why would anyone water 20 or 200 ml? Makes no sense to me. And raise your light. Or is it already too late.

bluedabadee

bluedabadee

what’s going on this morning with the plants?
pictures?

Thank you for helping me out. My plants look better. I uploaded the pictures. Photo angles are a bit bad but I hope you can observe them easily.

follow the above advice! plants in overdrive with no water and no ability to breathe,
give 5000ml water each when they feel light

So under these conditions (high temp etc.), I was giving 250 ml each plant every 2 days as any attempt of giving more always resulted in curling leaves or so I thought. I just wanted to avoid overwatering but now I clearly had problem of underwatering. 5000 ml is so much compared to 250 ml but can I increase this gradually, like giving 500ml each to see what happens because I always ended up seeing curling leaves. I'm asking these questions with all due respect and sorry if I sound weird as I really have a little experience.

My 5gal pots take 6-7 liters. Why would anyone water 20 or 200 ml? Makes no sense to me. And raise your light. Or is it already too late.

I raised it up to 75cm.

growsince79

growsince79

Thank you for helping me out. My plants look better. I uploaded the pictures. Photo angles are a bit bad but I hope you can observe them easily.

So under these conditions (high temp etc.), I was giving 250 ml each plant every 2 days as any attempt of giving more always resulted in curling leaves or so I thought. I just wanted to avoid overwatering but now I clearly had problem of underwatering. 5000 ml is so much compared to 250 ml but can I increase this gradually, like giving 500ml each to see what happens because I always ended up seeing curling leaves. I'm asking these questions with all due respect and sorry if I sound weird as I really have a little experience.

I raised it up to 75cm.
Dont gradually increase . Water to runoff tnen wait about 4-5 days and do the same thing.

bluedabadee

bluedabadee

Dont gradually increase . Water to runoff tnen wait about 4-5 days and do the same thing.

Do you mean watering until I see water at the bottom (on the tray)? Sorry, English is not my main language. I looked up but just wanted to ask and make sure since I don't want to mess up my first grow. Thank you so much

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Do you mean watering until I see water at the bottom (on the tray)? Sorry, English is not my main language. I looked up but just wanted to ask and make sure since I don't want to mess up my first grow. Thank you so much
yes but don’t over do it, water slowly as to let the medium to become saturated as the water settles to the bottom and drains out.. that should be good enough.

bluedabadee

bluedabadee

yes but don’t over do it, water slowly as to let the medium to become saturated as the water settles to the bottom and drains out.. that should be good enough.

Thank you! I will do as you suggested and let you know how it goes.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
how big/size is that pot?
the plant though it’s a photo looks like it should be transplanted too, but don’t right now as to just get it healthy.. than we’ll go from there..
here’s my feeding chart to give you an idea of what i do at least for this grow..

123F0CBF 070E 49CE A118 C6FAC293452C
9C800348 1898 4A50 BF14 D3012B5F42EC
0AA4C664 5211 45BA 8C6B EF70E116DBA7
AF0FC646 5433 45EF 85BD F8524E276C86
69499F42 2DAA 492F 8ABD 6F28CBC488C6
bluedabadee

bluedabadee

how big/size is that pot?
the plant though it’s a photo looks like it should be transplanted too, but don’t right now as to just get it healthy.. than we’ll go from there..
here’s my feeding chart to give you an idea of what i do at least for this grow..

My pots are about 5 gallon each but have no space in the tent. Thank you for sharing your chart and pictures. Your plants look really beautiful!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I raised it up to 75cm.
Giving more water is not what was curling your leaves

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Yes you have to water till run off on a regular basis and even when you don't want it to run off you have to have a little run off so you know you've water to the bottom adequately; you should learn to water by weight it's called a wet/dry cycle

bluedabadee

bluedabadee

My pots are about 5 gallon each but have no space in the tent. Thank you for sharing your chart and pictures. Your plants look really beautiful!

I'm sorry I made a mistake by saying that my pots are 5 gallon. I converted wrong - they are 3,5 gallon each.

Yes you have to water till run off on a regular basis and even when you don't want it to run off you have to have a little run off so you know you've water to the bottom adequately; you should learn to water by weight it's called a wet/dry cycle

Yes, I lifted the pots to see how light they weighed and did the same after watering. I think I can get used to this wet/dry cycle.

I've watered my plants to runoff. Excessive water wasn't that much as I watered very slowly and once I see the water dropping, I stopped. I removed that little water. I took some notes, like how much water each plant needed. Pot with white widow somehow weighed more like 20%. Each plant took about 2-2,5 litres. Now I will wait for a few days, check the soil, lift the pots and water if needed and most likely will :) Would it be ok to aim watering once in every 3-4 days?

Below I'm sharing the latest pictures. Oh, I also noticed some leaves at the bottom going completely yellow some even crispy like a few leaves each plant. Do you think it is nitrogen deficiency or maybe heat problem? I can share the pictures later. They are not climbing up the plant, just staying down there dead at the lowest level.

I'm so glad that you are helping me and making me learn new things. Lucky to be discussing issues with experienced people who also seem to love what they are doing. Thank you very much!

IMG 9189
IMG 9190
Top Bottom