plants drooping in coco need some idieas asap

• Thread starter money is green
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

money is green

halo my plants started drooping after i gave them a flush as ad a bit of nute burn so Left them with out water for 2 days then watered as was they wear NT getting any better and iv been reading its impossible to over water in coco is this true any ideas Wat this could be besides over watering under watering

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

Could be just from the flush I did the same to mine sat morning and I have the same results. I'm going to hit them with my base+calmag and see what happens.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Its not impossible to overwater in coco. Flushing wont cause your plants to droop. Temp, distance from light, co2. Could be a number of things.

M

money is green

a

Its not impossible to overwater in coco. Flushing wont cause your plants to droop. Temp, distance from light, co2. Could be a number of things.

thanks for reply temp is max 28 lights on 19 lights off lights ar abouth a foot away co2 i dnt now how mutch is in the room but ther is a 10" intake 8" exhuast 3 fans in the room for air movement humidity is max 80 min 40 avreg 50 od

my plants nt loking to good and i want to get sorted as soon as posible thers 80 altogether like this 30 rhino and 50 ak thanks for any reply

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

My guess was flushing a allready over watered plant caused droop thats what I have going on but I'm new to this coco stuff.

M

money is green

My guess was flushing a allready over watered plant caused droop thats what I have going on but I'm new to this coco stuff.

pm new to coco to shouild i just leav dry out and give some oxy plus

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
if they are drooping its porbably over watering give them a day or 2. your plants wont just drooop and die so you can relax and if they do there was nothing you could have doen anyway.

M

money is green

thanks for all the replys i have been to chek them today and they seem to be picking up a bit so will leav them dry up a bit more and give them a lil drink and some superthrive see if it picks them up a bit more :pimp:

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

Mine seem to be pointing back towards the sky still real neon tho think I may try bumping up the grow juice and kicking down the cal/mag

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
osmosis

if nutes are higher than inside the plant it will dispurse water out through the roots to dilute the high nutes
what nutes ? PPM ?

also when let dry high ppm nutes condense and when wet again can be alot stronger in pockets

but this is coco so if your not useing high ppm nutes than raise ppm water less

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osmosis

M

money is green

the ppm ec reading is 0.8 im puting calsium and magnisum ,epsom salt> in the water first to make ec 0.2 as canna says ther coco range was made to use with tap water with a reading of ec 0.2 butt my tape water is ec 0.0 then i mix 400 ml rizo 500 ml cannazime then 200 ml canna coco a and 200 ml canna coco b with a ph 0.6 in a 200lt but canna recomends Weeks Light per day
(hours) COCO
ml per
200 liters RHIZO
TONIC
ml per
200 liters CANNA
ZYM
ml per
200 liters PK
13/14
ml per
200 liters CANNA
BOOST
ml per
200 liters EC+ EC

Growth Start / rooting (3 –5 days)
Make substrate wet <1 18 294(A)
294(B) 800 - - - 0.7 0.9 Vegetative phase

Vegetative phase I
Plant develops in volume 0-3a 18 374(A)
374(B) 400 500 - - 0.9 1.1

Flowering Vegetative phase II
Up to growth stagnation after fructification or appearance of the formation of flowers 2-4b 12 454(A)
454(B) 400 500 - 400 - 800e 1.1 1.3

Generative Period I
Flowers or fruits develop in length.
Growth in height achieved 2-3 12 597(A)
597(B) 100 500 - 400 - 800 1.4 1.6 Generative Phase

Generative Period II
Development of the volume (breadth) of flowers or fruit 1 12 677(A)
677(B) 100 500 300 400 - 800 1.6 1.8

Generative Period III
Development of the mass (weight) of flowers or fruit 2-3 12 416(A)
416(B) 100 500 - 400 - 800 1 1.2

Generative Period IV
Flowers or fruit ripening process 1-2 10-12c - - 500 - 1000d - 400 - 800 0 0.2

Product line: COCO
Your tanksize: 200 liters
Scheduletype: Light feeding
Water EC: 0.2
Dosage units: ml/200 liters
Recommended pH: 5.5 - 6.2

and that ho i got nute burnt cos of theyr chart they recomend 294 a and b as sedlings my plants can just abought take the 200 ml a and b now and theyr half way frew week 1 of flower

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

I don't buy the over-watering in coco angle. I do believe that's pretty difficult to achieve.

I've just fixed some droopy plants myself. In my case I had to trim a bunch of roots on some very young veggers while transplanting them from small cups to small pots. I also put them under a 240w LED panel hung about 12" above. Well b/w the root haircut, transplant, and upgrade from 1 cfl to a panel, they went into shock. Not severe shock where they stopped entirely, but they did get droopy and start to fade. When they're in shock, they stop uptaking nutes and even H2O. W/o the H2O, it's like letting air out of a balloon. I think most droopiness is primarily lack of "water pressure" in the plant for lack of a better phrase. So IMO most droopiness in coco is a lack in uptake, NOT overwatering.

I thought they would get past the shock on their own, but they weren't making much progress so I raised my light to reduce any light stress. This one thing fixed the problem overnight and in dramatic fashion. Actually, I pulled the 240w panel and turned on my 600w MH bulb @ 50% power. This light @300w though, is sitting 3-4' above the plants instead of 1'. It will take a while to fix the color, but the droop was GONE the next day. 2 days later and you couldn't ask for a healthier posture. Try raising your light amigo.

M

money is green

ok darth fader thanks for the info mate i will try rasing the lights a bit and i will turn a few off for a day or two as i have 9 600s on right now other 80 plants in 15 liter pots

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

... lights ar abouth a foot away...

if you suspect light stress at all, I'd move them up more than a little. Try 3-4 ft. I actually gave mine 4-6 hrs of darkness for 2 days when they were still under the panel to let them rest. Good Luck.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

How about some pics of the droop in question?

My instinct is on the over water. Hard to really tell without pics at the very least. Did you recently transplant? Do you use perlite? If so, how much? I definitely have experienced over watering in coco. I let my coco dry out mostly (till the pot feels fairly light, but not %100 dry). I find that it is really more crucial in veg, or when transplanting to a larger container. I use cal mag along with my canna nutes for coco. 7ml in early veg, 5ml from later veg through mid flower. EC that I run is 1.4 for veg, 1.8-2.2 in flower. That works for me. I had some issues on a lighter feeding with the Canna. Best of luck.

-TF

M

money is green

sorry haven't gt pics no camera for a min i believe over watering to but my plants wear a bit stressed before they drooped so will move the lights see if that helps i think 1.4 will fry my plant right now i tr yd the canna scedual and it was just over kill i will take it up gradually to be safe dnt want to stress them any more thanks for replys

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I woud agree to slowly ramp them up, especially if they are not happy currently. Any time that they are stressed, it is a good idea to back off on the nutes.

-TF

Tokenblack

Tokenblack

Your plants are low in Potassium and Celluose production, up your nutritent potassium and supercrop, or lollipop... ie, roll snap your stems to make your plants receive the cellulose where its needed....

you just gotta weak plant that needs it nutrients directed to its affected parts in more detail.

"TokenBlack"

M

money is green

thanks for the reply token black they're coming on nice and dnt like toping supercroping dn it before and wasn't happy

Top Bottom