Plants dying, can't tell why

• Thread starter wdverdes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wdverdes

Hi there, since I'm having this problem outdoor and indoor I am posting here also

Even small plants, clones that just got roots have this problem

I think I may have got a little overconfident on the ferts, any help?
Plants dying cant tell why 2

Plants dying cant tell why
Plants dying cant tell why 3

Original thread, no answer

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

These plants need Potassium.
Find a high Potassium fertilizer like Pro mix 3-6-12 and give them 10 ml pr gallon one time.
This is about 300ppm k.
Don't be shy give them a good soaking.

Next watering give them a flowering fertilizer with a low first number high middle number and mid range last number for the rest of the grow. I find 5-15-5 works very well with a little bud booster. Keep the bud booster about 25% of suggested on the label. It does not require a lot.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Hi there, since I'm having this problem outdoor and indoor I am posting here also

View attachment 2120961
View attachment 2120960View attachment 2120962
What have you fed it so far?

W

wdverdes

These plants need Potassium.
Find a high Potassium fertilizer like Pro mix 3-6-12 and give them 10 ml pr gallon one time.
This is about 300ppm k.
Don't be shy give them a good soaking.
View attachment 2120984
Next watering give them a flowering fertilizer with a low first number high middle number and mid range last number for the rest of the grow. I find 5-15-5 works very well with a little bud booster. Keep the bud booster about 25% of suggested on the label. It does not require a lot.
View attachment 2120987
Here where I am is difficult to get these, BUT:
Download 1

I have this 3.7-45-15, at first I thought I was using too much...
Next week will arrive a organic fert, called flowermind, it should suply all the needs of the plant in all phases

Before adding more fert I need to take a look on the PH, the analog meter says 7, but I'm suspicious

W

wdverdes

What have you fed it so far?
A organic fertilizer called flowermind (should be ok for both veg and flower) and some boost of a 10-10-10 macro+micro for veg and a 3.7-45-15 for flowering also with the flowermind

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

A organic fertilizer called flowermind (should be ok for both veg and flower) and some boost of a 10-10-10 macro+micro for veg and a 3.7-45-15 for flowering also with the flowermind
either you got nutrient buildup and your soil is causing lockout

Or you got improper ph which is also causing lockout

And at last i think you would just need to slightly up your flowering nutrients

I have a plant in flower with the exact same problem
I just watered today and gave it a bit more flowering nutrients and that should fix my problem keep me updated if it gets worse
have a look
A8CB7272 9875 4DDD AA62 AE319E7967A7
25F40322 E460 4DD9 85CF 55899350E0D9
A68FBACE 8830 45D0 8E0F 538F3C497EFB

W

wdverdes

I just watered today and gave it a bit more flowering nutrients and that should fix my problem keep me updated if it gets worse
have a lookView attachment 2121012View attachment 2121011View attachment 2121013
The lockout I think is a good possibility, it will get clear with the PH test

In my indoor plants they have burned tips

I wanted to keep with the organic fert but it spoiled and was smelling ammonium, I think maybe that ammonia increased the ph

W

wdverdes

No more 10-10-10 she has enough Nitrogen.
Ether will do as long as you get the Potassium into the pot.
Should I foliar spray the plants that are just beginning to show pistils with the 3.7-45-15 fertilizer?

PGwojowski

PGwojowski

View attachment 2120961
View attachment 2120960View attachment 2120962

It’s a combo of a few things. The first is that it looks like it has been over watered. It also looks like it has too much nitrogen. The last few pics with the yellowing leaves are part of the normal dying cycle of the plant as it nears the end of its life. If possible, for your next grow, I’d say buy soil specifically formulated for cannabis (I recommend indicanja), skip the nutes, and water lightly.

W

wdverdes

It’s a combo of a few things. The first is that it looks like it has been over watered. It also looks like it has too much nitrogen. The last few pics with the yellowing leaves are part of the normal dying cycle of the plant as it nears the end of its life. If possible, for your next grow, I’d say buy soil specifically formulated for cannabis (I recommend indicanja), skip the nutes, and water lightly.
Thanks for the advice, I'll do that

PGwojowski

PGwojowski

have a lookView attachment 2121012View attachment 2121011View attachment 2121013

I think the biggest issue this plant is facing is over trimming of the fan leaves. Fan leaves are the main centers to capture energy that powers the plant, and you have a very large plant with very little leaves so I think it’s having a tough time acquiring the energy it needs to produce the flowers and stay healthy. Fan leaves *really* matter at the end of the plants life. They start dying off little by little and the more you have, the longer the plant can harness energy to power flower growth. For your next grow I’d say trim far less.

W

wdverdes

I think the biggest issue this plant is facing is over trimming of the fan leaves. Fan leaves are the main centers to capture energy that powers the plant, and you have a very large plant with very little leaves so I think it’s having a tough time acquiring the energy it needs to produce the flowers and stay healthy. Fan leaves *really* matter at the end of the plants life. They start dying off little by little and the more you have, the longer the plant can harness energy to power flower growth. For your next grow I’d say trim far less.
I didn't trimmed them! They dropped

W

wdverdes

Wow okay crazy! I thought you had trimmed all of the fan leaves off of this plant haha my bad
It's okay, that plant had a lot more leaves than now, they started dropping I think when the organic fert ended
IMG 20231222 WA0045

Top Bottom