Plants Flowering Under 24 Hour Light

• Thread starter KUSHPILES
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KUSHPILES

KUSHPILES

I have lots of experience with clones, and this year I decided to start from seed.

So these seeds popped March 7th, and i'v been growing them under 24 hours of light since. I took the tops off of each of them as soon as they were big enough, in order to sex them. A week later once they were all rooted, I put those cuttings under 12/12 in order to sex them. Well after two weeks of 12/12, just this past weekend I have definitive sex from them. Unfortunately in my other room where all of the mothers are, they have started to flower. I got 3 males out of 15, so I pulled out the males and quarantined them. I plan to collect the pollen and use it in the future.

My question is, if i leave all the female mothers under 24 hours of light will they reveg? How long until they switch back? I plan to put them all outside june 1st so I need to keep them vegging indoors until them, unfortunately they are showing the first signs of flowering.

They are growing in 3 gallon pots with pro mix and worm castings. Fed compost tea almost every week, and have been feed/feed/watering around 500 ppm the last few times.

Any input from seasoned seed users would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Kush

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

it sounds to me like you've popped some auto-flowering genetics and if that is the case there won't be anything you can do about it.

...auto-flowers have a place if you run an outdoor op in an area with a very short growing season but otherwise, in my opinion, they are nothing but trash fit for noobs too lazy or unskilled or unwilling to hunt and then maintain keeper mothers. ...imagine how bad you'd feel if you spent 3 or 4 months growing out some of the best smoke you'd ever had but it was an auto-flower so you had been unable to clone her and carry her forward into your future! ...me, i compost anything i find that has the auto trait.

...btw, the auto-flowering trait comes from the hemp side of whatever cross you have, 'ruderalis' to be more precise, i'm not an expert.

...keep in mind that this is only my opinion and there are many who vehemently disagree with me on this so you'll have to decide for yourself which side of this discussion you land on, ...good luck in whatever you decide to do.

peace, bozo

S

ssteely71

Are your mothers flowering or just showing pre flowers ? I have plants from seed in veg show sex at about 6-7 weeks from seed.
Try up planting your mothers into larger pots because being root bound will cause plants to flower. Best of luck!

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

Sounds to me like resessive ruderalis genetics showing or pure ruderalis genes. Bozo is right man cull all that shit if its auto flowering. Kill all autos. pre flower are one thing but if your plants are crowing and pushing out bud sites it auto.

KUSHPILES

KUSHPILES

Thanks for the swift input. I do not believe that these are auto flower plants, as I met the breeder and asked some questions 6 months ago and he said he keeps mothers for long periods.

I think that these are pre flowers, but as I have not seen them before I figured I should ask. The females are just showing a couple pistols and the males have produced sacks and a few bananas.

If they are in fact pre flowers, how long before they stop producing them and revert back to vegetative growth?

I have just purchased bigger pots and plan to transplant this evening. Thanks again for the input.

KUSHPILES

KUSHPILES

IMG 1214
There definitely no bud sites emerging.

IMG 1206
justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Thanks for the swift input. I do not believe that these are auto flower plants, as I met the breeder and asked some questions 6 months ago and he said he keeps mothers for long periods.

I think that these are pre flowers, but as I have not seen them before I figured I should ask. The females are just showing a couple pistols and the males have produced sacks and a few bananas.

If they are in fact pre flowers, how long before they stop producing them and revert back to vegetative growth?

I have just purchased bigger pots and plan to transplant this evening. Thanks again for the input.
if it's just pre-flowers then they shouldn't continue to develop, some variety's show their sex quite brazenly but unless they are auto's they shouldn't develop into true buds until you flip.

...in other words, wait and see, lol.

peace, bozo

S

ssteely71

That boy in the thumbnail is flowering. That is not preflowers imo.
I can't speculate as to cause as I'm not that experienced. But it's deffinatly in flower. I hope you prevail. Best of luck.

HouseOfWojo

HouseOfWojo

First pic is a little fuzzy but it seems to be a female pre flower. Once your plant hits sexual maturity it will show a pre flower regardless of light hours. A better picture may show better what is going on. The second is for sure a male going into flower. It may not have actually opened the pollen sacs for awhile but it was for sure packing them on. Keep that female under 18-24 hours of light, let her spread out in the new container, and if she is in fact pre flowering you have nothing to worry about.

Latest posts

Top Bottom