plants got eight hours of light for a week

• Thread starter mountainman21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mountainman21

I have some plants that received 8 hours of light for a week. They are not in flower yet. Are there any issues that may arise from this. :surprised

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Might impact yield, or you'll have to run them longer. Timer malfunction?

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
its kinda vague was it in veg or flower if it was in veg they might pop some one leaf fingers if it was in flower it could kickstart the bloom cycle i have played with lighting and training alot and nothing works better than what has been proven for light schedules

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
In veg. Pretend they were being shipped somewhere, then go from there.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I they only got 8 hours of light per day for a week, they've already gotten the message that it's time to bloom. It will somewhat depend on the strain. If you bump that light schedule back to a veg status, they'll throw single leaves and spiraled leaves; confused about how to carry on. IME, re-vegged plants don't do as well as those who go through normal life cycles. If the plants were already blooming, you're probably ok. Good luck.

P

PuFFnNugg

Gotta agree, any strain will be in flower by now. Even if there was a 100 day strain it would be in flower already. Go 24 hrs light for a while this will help you get them back. But depending on strain you could be waiting a while for good cuttings.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
If you are gonna continue you to flower just set your times right you should be ok. if you want to veg them your gonna have a situation like altitude farmer said. I remember talking with Elite in an email and he said he would flower plants with 5-6 hours lights on and rest darkness because of power issues. this way he could flower 2 rooms for the same amount of light as 1.

SKUNK420

SKUNK420

I once had to break down my system down about 2 weeks into flower so I put 40 plants into the bathroom. It was during the summer , it was hot, I couldn't water them in time or turn the crappy single 60w light on and off at the right time while I was trying to move the gear out the house. Well in the end I was able to set the system back up and finish the grow but the 2 days they were in the bathroom is all it took to make 17 of them hermi 10-14 days later.

M

mountainman21

Thank you all sooo very much :) The plants were supposed to be thrown into flower with 24 dark and then onto 12-12. Unfortunately someone thought that giving them 8 of light was the right way to go. I hope that they just flower and don't stress or hermi. I will post back if I experience any problems.

420king-MASSES

They mite just finish up a couple of days earlier no harm no fowl

Dunge

Dunge

Light movers, flip flop switching, and now decreasing on time.
All this indicates to me that light initiates chemical processes in the plant that take time to go from light capture to carbohydrate deposition. The idea that net biomass production as a function of light flux might be increased by intermittent application of light is intriguing.
Can I get fat buds with lower lighting bills by turning the HIDs on and off?

O

OldSchool

1wk is not bad at all, yes,I found some strains take alittle longer,pwr outage's too in veg or decided to pull 1 or 2 back out to reveg after 3wk's into bloom(4 some reason,forgot why,awhile-while ago),Iwould think yield be effected. I would light on 4 a wk or 2,then back 2 18hrs on,extra shot of B vit and N & keeping the roots moist,careful of not letting them dry out. Had good succes in this way.

Peace

Latest posts

Top Bottom