Plants got too big. Starting over.

• Thread starter Cjm2164
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

For the most part I’d say no, they would be ok as something to start little girls, but as they get bigger I don’t think you’d see results. You’re best off to bite the bullet and buy a decent grow light. Don’t have to go crazy. I use an Aglex (budget, cheapie, whatever you’d wanna call it) 2000Win a 3x3 and get great results. I have another Aglex 2000W AND two Aglex 600W in my 4x4.
If you want to save yourself some cash and build, then buy some meanwell drivers and quality COBs.

Just my two cents

I just harvested this past week. Happy with my results. Pics attached

D9C37FFF 4F77 4329 BBF8 A195DD3643EC
DD3BC3EC 2ACA 4683 B6B3 5DA44EC1999D
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Enough light for a 1x1.5 if you flip off the start so it flowers as soon as it matures you might get away with it if you have the height. Only 1 plant and very small yield it might work.

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Enough light for a 1x1.5 if you flip off the start so it flowers as soon as it matures you might get away with it if you have the height. Only 1 plant and very small yield it might work.
You should see the jenki set up I used all winter it grew all kinds of things though .I'm not really sure ,but it seems like if you add a white led to that mix it might help keep the plant shorter and more Stout.. I really don't know for sure ,I did read that somewhere about the white spectrum keeping your plants shorter and it seems that is the case with my grow setup.. very short Stout plants.. but that could also just be genetics...I wouldn't mind knowing more about that one someday when you have the time.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You should see the jenki set up I used all winter it grew all kinds of things though .I'm not really sure ,but it seems like if you add a white led to that mix it might help keep the plant shorter and more Stout.. I really don't know for sure ,I did read that somewhere about the white spectrum keeping your plants shorter and it seems that is the case with my grow setup.. very short Stout plants.. but that could also just be genetics...I wouldn't mind knowing more about that one someday when you have the time.
Blue leaning spectrum will shorten internode length. Also a negative diff but that's probably not going to happen here. Blue leaning spectrum also makes for more leafy growth.

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Blue leaning spectrum will shorten internode length. Also a negative diff but that's probably not going to happen here. Blue leaning spectrum also makes for more leafy growth.
my bad...the blue spectrum looks white to my eyes though but it's something i always Wonder about when i added the blue to my cheap purple lights. Like maybe some interference with nutrient uptake or the fact that all my plants came out short and fat...peppers maters and all mary jane as well, might of had something to do with the lighting because they weren't all grown in the same medium but they were all rotated through out the grow I had to ask the ?...life is a learning process

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

my bad...the blue spectrum looks white to my eyes though but it's something i always Wonder about when i added the blue to my cheap purple lights. Like maybe some interference with nutrient uptake or the fact that all my plants came out short and fat...peppers maters and all mary jane as well, might of had something to do with the lighting because they weren't all grown in the same medium but they were all rotated through out the grow I had to ask the ?...life is a learning process
It's the photobiology of plants. They have different receptors for different spectrums. All the way from IR to UV not just par range. Each has an affect on the plants structure development. So a well balanced light of all spectrums ensures we have happy plants growing to thier potential. A shift in red/blue quantity from veg to flower also helps but that's getting a little more involved. A full spectrum light is ideal imo but almost any light will grow plants.

This is a good summary of data on photobiology of cannabis and how spectrum affects growth of you want to look deeper into the subject.

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

It's the photobiology of plants. They have different receptors for different spectrums. All the way from IR to UV not just par range. Each has an affect on the plants structure development. So a well balanced light of all spectrums ensures we have happy plants growing to thier potential. A shift in red/blue quantity from veg to flower also helps but that's getting a little more involved. A full spectrum light is ideal imo but almost any light will grow plants.

This is a good summary of data on photobiology of cannabis and how spectrum affects growth of you want to look deeper into the subject.

Thanks I will read it

Latest posts

Top Bottom