Plants Hermied In Flower At Week 3, Help, Please

• Thread starter Smokey Dope
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smokey Dope

Smokey Dope

Hi everyone,

I tried searching many topics before posting these questions.
History:
Sour D Clones
Three plants, veg for 6 weeks under 600 watt MH.
Turned plants to 12/12 and 600 hps.
Plants were with one other strain, chem dawg, same age and similar size.
4 weeks into flower plants were looking healthy and showing good buds.
Sour D started showing signs of boys and turning hermie primarily on some lower branches.
I removed from room, put in seperate tent under 125 cfl for 4 days while I ordered a 400 watt hps.
Plants have been under 400 watt for 5 weeks since, 9 weeks so far.
Before the hermie, the buds were looking good, showing many trichromes and smelled great.
For the last 3 weeks they seem idle, no smell and little growth.
Watering and nute schedule was normal until a week ago when I statered flush and water only.
My questions are as follows:
1. Shoud I continue for a week or two more or harvest now and cut my losses?
2. Without any smell and lack of many trichromes, will the smoke likley be low quality?
3. I removed any boy branches and bannanas over the last several weeks and havent seen any more. Wondering if I over reacated, stunted growth and caused the problem with the light change. Times did remain the same at 12/12.

Any input or advise please.
Thanks in advance and happy farming.

NCascadeSolo

NCascadeSolo

You have a loop or scope to look @ them? Once their done their done, extra time won't help. Sound's likely they've finished. The last 4 weeks plants are very sensitive to light/temps.

That's everything that tells 'em what to do and how long they've got left to do it. Less Light combined with some shock can finish them off fast. You won't know till ya try some! :) prolly won't knock ur socks off but it should be good for somethin?

Getting them out asap was good, and you want to keep everything else consistent ( same ) as possible.

Smokey Dope

Smokey Dope

Thank you for the input and advise.
So based on your response and looking at how many trichromes were showing at 4 and 5 weeks as compared to now, I should have harvested at 6 weeks or so even though the stain says 9-10 weeks?
Sometimes we have to make mistakes to learn and grow, thanks again!

Top Bottom